DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air downward sensor problem

sandor.otvos

Reactions
Hey Guys!

It seems that the downward sensors of my Mavic Air are not functioning properly.

Normally, when the drone lands, it should detect the ground and land gently. Alternatively, when I try to touch its bottom during flight, it should detect my hand and move higher a bit.
The problem is that my drone seems not to detect obstacles from below. For example, it does not move away when I try to touch it from below and it lands quite roughly in autoland, as if it cannot recognize the ground itself...

The drone is running on the most recent FW and I use the latest GO4. The only thing which is not up-to-date is the flysafe database, but that should have nothing to do with this.

What I tried so far:
  • Cleaning the sensors
  • Turning sensors ON/OFF from GO4 multiple times
  • Reinstalling the FW
  • Reinstalling GO4
  • Calibrating the sensors via Assistant 2 - it completes succesfully, I even see the picture of the bottom camera while calibrating
  • Calibrarting the IMU

I recieved no error message on this via GO4. The drone is ca. one and a half years old, and was not crashed.

A couple of months ago it already happened to me once, but at that time a DJI GO4 upgrade solved this issue. Now, no software upgrade is available and reinstalling does not help... I guess it is only some kind of software malfunction, but I have no other idea how to fix it...

Does anyone had the same issue? Any ideas?

Thanks!!!

?

Last edited:
I asked because mine drops like a rock when landing protection is disabled. If you have already done that, and have gone through sensor calibration, cleaning the sensors - I can't think of much else you could do.

In my case, it does not work even if I turn on the landing protection. I do not have any more idea what to try...

Hey Guys!

It seems that the downward sensors of my Mavic Air are not functioning properly.

Normally, when the drone lands, it should detect the ground and land gently. Alternatively, when I try to touch its bottom during flight, it should detect my hand and move higher a bit.
The problem is that my drone seems not to detect obstacles from below. For example, it does not move away when I try to touch it from below and it lands quite roughly in autoland, as if it cannot recognize the ground itself...

The drone is running on the most recent FW and I use the latest GO4. The only thing which is not up-to-date is the flysafe database, but that should have nothing to do with this.

What I tried so far:
  • Cleaning the sensors
  • Turning sensors ON/OFF from GO4 multiple times
  • Reinstalling the FW
  • Reinstalling GO4
  • Calibrating the sensors via Assistant 2 - it completes succesfully, I even see the picture of the bottom camera while calibrating
  • Calibrarting the IMU

I recieved no error message on this via GO4. The drone is ca. one and a half years old, and was not crashed.

A couple of months ago it already happened to me once, but at that time a DJI GO4 upgrade solved this issue. Now, no software upgrade is available and reinstalling does not help... I guess it is only some kind of software malfunction, but I have no other idea how to fix it...

Does anyone had the same issue? Any ideas?

Thanks!!!
Contact DJI.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Myofb89