Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air2S not taking off, Flymode not changeable, Sensors "not able"

MRXFLY

Reactions
Hello and good day to all,

I'm new here and I have the same problem:

Problem:

My Air2s no longer takes off. She came back from the flight, was stowed and retrieved. Nothing has changed in between.

The start log shows no errors, it says "ready to start" in the check.

The flight mode is permanently set to "C - Cinematic" in the Flyapp and no matter what I set on the controller, it doesn't change and stays on "C".

The sensors do not show any errors in the log. On the left in the Flyapp, however, the sensor symbol flashes red and green alternately. When I press the sensors in the top right corner of the Flyapp, the message "Front-Back sensors not possible, Up-Down sensors not possible" comes up.

I have successfully calibrated the sensors several times using the DJI software. So I rule out a fault in the sensors. They were recognized and the calibration was good.

I checked the cable connections and connectors of the sensors in the drone. Everything seems to be ok.

I have firmware version 02.04.2040 and I don't want to upgrade it. I don't think it will be the problem either, since everything has worked so far.

Unfortunately, I cannot "hard reset" my firmware in the DJI software. The button for the function does not exist. They're forcing me to upgrade to a newer version.

There is also no alternative selection on different newer versions, only on the newest one!

My anti-rollback is also "3" instead of "1" as it should be with the firmware 04/02/2040.

I have updated the firmware of the remote control to 04.12.100. It didn't help.

My Flysafe data are:

App: 01.00.01.28

Aircraft: 01.00.01.29

I tried different Flyapp versions. From 1.6.4 to the latest version.

The problem persists in all versions.

I also tried removing the SD card. It hasn't changed anything.

Does anyone have an idea what the problem can be and how I can solve it?

I've searched for this problem here before, but there are only cases where a sensor error is stored in the flight check. My case seems unknown.

There was no collision, crash or anything like that. I always fly carefully and safely. The problem just appeared after I did a

Thanks for the help and a great community.

MR MRX

Attachments

• photo_2023-09-03_12-37-15 (4).jpg
    photo_2023-09-03_12-37-15 (4).jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 14
  • photo_2023-09-03_12-37-15 (3).jpg
    photo_2023-09-03_12-37-15 (3).jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 14
  • photo_2023-09-03_12-37-15 (2).jpg
    photo_2023-09-03_12-37-15 (2).jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 16
  • photo_2023-09-03_12-37-15.jpg
    photo_2023-09-03_12-37-15.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 16
  • dji software.JPG
    dji software.JPG
    42.5 KB · Views: 17
Why would you not want to upgrade the firmware?
Hi, as i get forced from DJI to do that, i dont like it. And there are more reasons, like NFZ and High restrictions i would loose.. 2040 is the only one my "addons" are working with..

But back to my Problem.. any Idea what could cause this takeoff and control stop?

Last edited:
Have you contacted DJI about the issue?

Reactions: rjwmorrell
Hello and good day to all,

I'm new here and I have the same problem:

Problem:

My Air2s no longer takes off. She came back from the flight, was stowed and retrieved. Nothing has changed in between.

The start log shows no errors, it says "ready to start" in the check.

The flight mode is permanently set to "C - Cinematic" in the Flyapp and no matter what I set on the controller, it doesn't change and stays on "C".

The sensors do not show any errors in the log. On the left in the Flyapp, however, the sensor symbol flashes red and green alternately. When I press the sensors in the top right corner of the Flyapp, the message "Front-Back sensors not possible, Up-Down sensors not possible" comes up.

I have successfully calibrated the sensors several times using the DJI software. So I rule out a fault in the sensors. They were recognized and the calibration was good.

I checked the cable connections and connectors of the sensors in the drone. Everything seems to be ok.

I have firmware version 02.04.2040 and I don't want to upgrade it. I don't think it will be the problem either, since everything has worked so far.

Unfortunately, I cannot "hard reset" my firmware in the DJI software. The button for the function does not exist. They're forcing me to upgrade to a newer version.

There is also no alternative selection on different newer versions, only on the newest one!

My anti-rollback is also "3" instead of "1" as it should be with the firmware 04/02/2040.

I have updated the firmware of the remote control to 04.12.100. It didn't help.

My Flysafe data are:

App: 01.00.01.28

Aircraft: 01.00.01.29

I tried different Flyapp versions. From 1.6.4 to the latest version.

The problem persists in all versions.

I also tried removing the SD card. It hasn't changed anything.

Does anyone have an idea what the problem can be and how I can solve it?

I've searched for this problem here before, but there are only cases where a sensor error is stored in the flight check. My case seems unknown.

There was no collision, crash or anything like that. I always fly carefully and safely. The problem just appeared after I did a

Thanks for the help and a great community.

MR MRX
Hmm - this is acting like there are inconsistencies in the firmware versions between the controller and the drone. Even if you are using earlier firmware versions, are you using the matching versions for both drone and controller?

Which controller are you using? If you are using the RC-N1 controller, have you tried using a different data cable or a different smartphone or tablet?

Hmm - this is acting like there are inconsistencies in the firmware versions between the controller and the drone. Even if you are using earlier firmware versions, are you using the matching versions for both drone and controller?

Which controller are you using? If you are using the RC-N1 controller, have you tried using a different data cable or a different smartphone or tablet?
Good morning, i tried diffrent Mobile phones and 2 Tablets. I am using the standard controller, RC-N1 yes. maybe you are right and there are problems with firmwares of drone and controller. i will check this too. Thanks for this advise. Cables checked, everything ok.

still waiting for an answer..
Have you tried going on the DJI Forum Boards to ask this question? I haven't seen it. On there is DJI representatives that may be able to help as well as other DJI gurus.

Hi, as i get forced from DJI to do that, i dont like it. And there are more reasons, like NFZ and High restrictions i would loose.. 2040 is the only one my "addons" are working with..

But back to my Problem.. any Idea what could cause this takeoff and control stop?
EASA is bringing in regulation that dictates the drone must check for: and download the most current EU GZM (Geo Zone Map) through a live internet connection EVERY time it boots up and connects. Drone manufacturers have to comply with this otherwise they won't get a license to sell their products in the EU. This is part of the upcoming U-SPACE initiative. Member states were instructed to supply the locked geographical locations they want included on the GZM from January 1st 2023. With this EU GZM: if the drone doesn't jump through those live check hoops - it won't be able to take off.

Source: EUROCAE-ED269.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roger-N