DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air (drone only) hard case

jotto

Reactions
Has anyone found a hard case for the Mavic Air? I like the small case that came with it, but I'd like a small hard case for snowboarding.

I don't need to fit extra batteries or controller - just the drone itself.

Reactions: rider
Last edited:
Reactions: 0.33l
Lol, don't fall. :)

When I snowboard with my iphone for tunes I store it in a forward pocket near my chest. I wouldn't hesitate to carry my Air in my pocket near my chest or my waist in the front.

Better safe then Sorry! I'm sure you are good. but all it takes is for someone else to run into you;) hope you have DJI care.I am kidding, I am sure you would protect it with your life using your body as a shield. But a case might do as well. Happy flying

I live at the base of Heavenly Resort in Lake Tahoe so yeah I have thousands of hours on the mountain. I wouldn't bother taking mine up because it will not follow me downhill - worthless. I strap a camera to my board in front of the binding for a cool low shot and another one to my helmet.

yep, that's the perfect one just for the drone. here is my case from HF, step bigger - 2800: they are so cheap, couldn't resist.

Just got one over this weekend from Harbor freight too the 3800. It was $39 and than I had a coupon . I ended up paying like $17. And the smallest was only $12. Just ended today.

I live at the base of Heavenly Resort in Lake Tahoe so yeah I have thousands of hours on the mountain. I wouldn't bother taking mine up because it will not follow me downhill - worthless. I strap a camera to my board in front of the binding for a cool low shot and another one to my helmet.
What about this? Now this is what you needo_O
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I'd go with the stock hardcase, if you manage to damage it through that you've got bigger worries (aka you'll also have damaged yourself beyond being able to use the drone for a while)...

Printing as we speak... It will fit the Air plus a little bit of foam. Fits into my snowboarding jacket pocket.

I mean... If you had access to that the whole time, why ask the question in the first place? Looks awesome.

Also, this makes me wish I had a 3D printer.

I highly recommend the Apache from Harbor Freight. I went with the largest 3800 as I wanted one case for both my Pro and Air and batteries.

A few things I'd recommend. I highly recommend spraying the top with Plasticoat once you are don't. This will seal all of the foam so it does not rip any further. Apply several coats, not too thick but it will soak in. I'd also recommend considering applying some hot glue between the layers so that the top layer does not pull up when removing items. Other glue may work but I can say that hot glue works very well.

20180207_222130.jpg

Reactions: turbodronepilot
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soni_kun