DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air (drone only) hard case

Someone didn't read the requirements.

Here is the initial post that I replied to:

"Has anyone found a hard case for the Mavic Air? I like the small case that came with it, but I'd like a small hard case for snowboarding.

I don't need to fit extra batteries or controller - just the drone itself."

In replies, the Apache 1800 was recommended. I agreed with that. So I'm not seeing the issue.

I went on to be clear that I went with the larger 3800 and why. My recommendations on what to do with the case applies regardless of the size.

What did I not read?

The post where he said it should fit in a pocket after people posted those huge suggestions already.

The post where he said it should fit in a pocket after people posted those huge suggestions already.

I see that but did not initially read it like that. But now I see it. As far as I can tell, the case the OP is referring to is the smaller of the two cases (or the case and not the pack) that comes with the Fly More package. If the OP is looking for a case smaller then that, it's not going to exist. Perhaps the OP wants one the same size but more sturdy.

Or maybe the OP has really big pockets.

I mean... If you had access to that the whole time, why ask the question in the first place? Looks awesome.

Also, this makes me wish I had a 3D printer.

It's a it embarrassing, but I didn't think of it. I draw and print stuff all the time, so it's a bit strange. :confused:

I can upload the model to Thingiverse if there's any interest in it.

I see that but did not initially read it like that. But now I see it. As far as I can tell, the case the OP is referring to is the smaller of the two cases (or the case and not the pack) that comes with the Fly More package. If the OP is looking for a case smaller then that, it's not going to exist. Perhaps the OP wants one the same size but more sturdy.

Or maybe the OP has really big pockets.

The size of the small case is fine, but I need a more solid one if/when I fall. The one I'm printing now is a little bit smaller than the stock case.

The snowboard jacket has pretty big pockets Thumbswayup It can fit the stock case, but nothing bigger.

Please post pics when you're done printing. It's not going to take much more to push me over the edge and I have to buy a 3D printer.

Not too bad, I'd say! I added some foam so that it doesn't move inside of it. Not a cubic millimeter is wasted! Now I'm ready do to some snowboarding shots.

2018-03-15 19.20.15.jpg 2018-03-15 19.24.27.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soni_kun