DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air experienced severe interference

livinginsin

Reactions
I've circled the forums but I still can't find a definitive answer to the cause of the severe interference of our drone. It has only happened once in all the times we have flown it and it has not happened again, but I'm very, very skittish now when I fly.

Reactions: MavicFlyer
Fair enough; here is the flight log for your review attached.

Hopefully you will find it as intriguing as others have and be able to correlate the video to the flight log.

Thanks for your patience.

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2019-01-27_[14-40-53]log(2).zip
    1 MB · Views: 3
I'm not sure what you mean by interference, but that's not what happened on this flight. It's going to require the mobile device DAT file (FLY036.DAT) to have a chance of a definitive answer, but it looks like an IMU issue. The flight looked fine until 464 seconds when the application of CCW rudder caused the IMU to lose track of position and, probably, orientation.

It looks like a yaw error, even though it was not reported as such:

I will attempt to get the DAT file using the DJI Assistant 2 software. I've read up on the operation and use, but have not to date tried to extract info directly from the drone. So far, you have been the only one to ask about the DAT file, so I'm hopeful! Thanks again.

I will attempt to get the DAT file using the DJI Assistant 2 software. I've read up on the operation and use, but have not to date tried to extract info directly from the drone. So far, you have been the only one to ask about the DAT file, so I'm hopeful! Thanks again.

Sorry - I should have clarified. The DAT from the Mavic Air is not decryptable. I meant the DAT from the mobile device.

Mobile device DAT file: How to retrieve a V3.DAT from the tablet

I've circled the forums but I still can't find a definitive answer to the cause of the severe interference of our drone. It has only happened once in all the times we have flown it and it has not happened again, but I'm very, very skittish now when I fly.

Hi everybody
My MA has done the same abnormal maneuvers ( It sometimes happens just a few hundred meters away ). Here see that I'm not trying to interfere with what's happening .Dron dances his own dance !
And here to see that jerking independently is the same as your MA
In addition to the previous , after the last update, there has been a 10 m distance from the absence of communication break with RC and MA !!! Only 10m then automatically starts RTF or landing ! Every update has brought new exciting extras !
My MA has never fallen down and got mechanical injuries, all appeared after the updates ( I bought a new MA in October 2018 ) !
So seems to have to "thanks" for this everything DJI ?! :(

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AVI Drones