DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air Filters?

abridge

Reactions
I have some ND filters for my Mavic pro and was wondering if the lens is setup the same on the air so I can use them interchangeably?

You won't be able to use them. The Mavic Air filters screw onto the camera.

Pics of Polar Pro filters on Air:

Attachments

• PP1.jpeg
    PP1.jpeg
    767.9 KB · Views: 203
  • PP2.jpeg
    PP2.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 204
I ordered my polar pros last week. Just waiting for them to ship

Oh you mean filters for your mavic air, not an air filter for your mavic lol

Reactions: galfridus
Glad to see they aren't as fiddly as the spark filters. I ordered the vivid cinema set for my Mavic air.

Thanks for supporting our brand!
-Jeff from PolarPro

I got the "Cinema Vivid" set for the Air. It comes with three gold frame filters that have a "PL" in the name.

Are these rotating polarizers? I havent opened the box yet because I wasnt sure I was going to keep them. They are still sealed in the shipping box.

If they are polerized, do they rotate?

What does the "PL" after the density level mean. The web site doesnt go into much detail.

Secondly...these gold "Cinema PL" filters are more expensive than the standard black ones. What do you get for the higher cost?

Thanks!

I got the "Cinema Vivid" set for the Air. It comes with three filter that have a "PL" in the name.

Are these rotating polarizers? I havent opened the box yet because I wasnt sure I was going to keep them. They are still sealed in the shipping box.

What does the "PL" after the density level mean. The web site doesnt go into much detail.

Secondly...these gold "Cinema PL" filters are more expensive than the standard black ones. What do you get for the higher cost?

Thanks!

It says right on their site the difference between the cinema ones and the standard black.

It says right on their site the difference between the cinema ones and the standard black.

Yes, i read their web site yesterday and there are differences very breifly outlined....but i was hoping this person could expand more than just check boxes and short paragraph.

Do these PL models rotate? It seems that would be a necessary function if they were polarized. Maybe they are not in the way others are?

PL in the photography world means polarizing filter. I think they would have made it clear if it was a circular polarizing filter. Seems to be linear polarizer since you cant really take off in the drone and then turn the circular on it during flight.

PL in the photography world means polarizing filter. I think they would have made it clear if it was a circular polarizing filter. Seems to be linear polarizer since you cant really take off in the drone and then turn the circular on it during flight.
There have been filters made like that tho. While setting quad up u simply hold the filter up to the camera and look through the live stream and rotate until it looks good.... so he has a valid question

There have been filters made like that tho. While setting quad up u simply hold the filter up to the camera and look through the live stream and rotate until it looks good.... so he has a valid question

I find that kind of comical to think of lol

Do these PL models rotate?
If you're referring to the PolarPro filters, they have a rotating bezel so you can adjust them after screwing them onto the camera.

Ok good for u. I find it comical that you don't know this ....Just telling u that is what has to be done with cp nd filters that work like that....see above^^^ and there is rotating ones. Some are just push on which would require u having to hold it to camera and twist it around till u get what you are looking for. Then push your filter on.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremy Green