DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air firmware update stuck

DFW007

Reactions
The firmware update has been stuck at 30% now for 15 minutes. What should I do?

Some times they take quite awhile! Be patient!

Mine did that, then the battery in the controller went flat. If all else fails the detail in the DJI Go 4 app states you can turn everything off and back on again to give it another go. Second attempt went through fine.

My update was stuck at 99% until the battery on the aircraft died. I replace the battery and now I (nor DJI tecchs) can connect to it using Go 4 app or DJI Assist 2. Unfortunately my brand new MA (never flown) is going back to DJI. It's bricked.

Mine has been at 30% for 20 mins now. I will be hella pissed if this thing bricks itsself before i fly it

Guys, once the download from DJI to your phone or tablet has actually started you can switch the Mavic Air or Pro off to save battery. When the down load has finished then switch the drone back on and it will upload the new firmware to the drone.

Last edited:
Mine did that, then the battery in the controller went flat. If all else fails the detail in the DJI Go 4 app states you can turn everything off and back on again to give it another go. Second attempt went through fine.
Mine was doing the same,and my transmitter was saying battery low.so had to turn everything off,charge the battery and transmitter and will try again.

Had the same hang up at 30%. Powered off Air, controller and app. Restarted everything and finished update.

Same happened to me at 99%... Just shut everything down and it will prompt you to start over when you turn it all back on. Worked fine after my second attempt.

Reactions: Phantom1950
Mine was stuck at 30% too. As soon as I unplugged the phone from the controller it started moving again so I did not need to reboot the controller or phone. I was then able to plug the phone back in and complete the update without any more hitches.

Mine was stuck at 30% too. As soon as I unplugged the phone from the controller it started moving again so I did not need to reboot the controller or phone. I was then able to plug the phone back in and complete the update without any more hitches.
That trick nearly worked for me too. Stuck at 30% for 20 minutes. As soon as I unplugged the android it went to 99%. Then a time out message / reconnect cable appeared and now stuck at 99%. Going to shut it all down and use the desktop app....

just got mine and after fully charging both, controller and MA, proceeded to do the firmware upgrade of both via WIFI.
both successful without any issues. Drone took approx. 10min to complete and restarted itself twice.

On full charges with my phone, remote and aircraft, mine hung up at 30%. I unplugged the USB from the phone and plugged it back in and it resumed until it got to 99% where it froze again. I waited several minutes and the USB connection timed out, so I unplugged and plugged back in and the process started over and the aircraft was responding this time by periodically restarting during the update. It went much faster then. I never had to manually shut down everything to start over. Keep at it!

This happened to Dustin Dunnill. I think DJI should really improve their software. For those who don't have Apple devices it is really a pain. I have a low-powered android phone with a quad-core processor and it can't run the DJI GO 4 app properly. None of the smart funcitons work because the app crashes and the FPV feed is constantly cutting in and out. Before buying the mavic, I had an Autel X-Star Premium and the app worked perfectly with no FPV latency and all functions behaved perfectly.

I did the firmware update via the pc and that worked fine,... it did a restart at 89% and after that it was fine. I wouldn’t do it via the app.

Reactions: ursushomines
I had the exact same issue last night. I turned everything off and on again, this started the update from scratch. It completed in under 10mins. I was scared it might brick the drone

Second time lucky …after being stuck at 99% for over 30 minutes. A little worrying after waiting for it to arrive and reading the problems it's easy to assume the worst. Fresh battery in for the second attempt restarted itself twice during second update then the all important "update complete" notification. Updating the controller was much smoother.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots