DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air firmware update stuck

I successful updated with Windows desktop app following the hang. I did a software factory reset first. Strangely, following the update, the desktop app states i still need to update, as does not recognise the new update. Dji go 4 Android app however states i have the correct updated version. Assessing the software, according to the release notes, seems to have been updated and correct. Not sure it matters but a little concerned for future updates!

Second time lucky …after being stuck at 99% for over 30 minutes. A little worrying after waiting for it to arrive and reading the problems it's easy to assume the worst. Fresh battery in for the second attempt restarted itself twice during second update then the all important "update complete" notification. Updating the controller was much smoother.
Im stuck at 99% for 3 attempts. were you on an iphone ?

I too ran into many problems updating...finally did work, but it took maybe 6 tries? Each time it would get a little further before freezing.

On PC, not phone/tablet.

I wonder if it’s their servers getting overloaded. I tend to get up pretty early and all of mine have gone quickly via iPad.

You could try a different time of day next time?

That could explain this , for the last hour, I will try the phone update, but just incase did you get this message and did you just unplug the phone or what do I do. ?Screen Shot 2018-02-12 at 6.35.24 PM.png

I have ios up to date and Go4 app up to date before I ever start a firmware update. You have to have the drone and the controller powered up. Mine have always shot right thru

What i did was start remote and connect it to phone ...updated remote seperately...then powered on air and did that after remote was done. Update seemed faster that way was done in 10 minutes

I always used the wireless but go stuck sometimes. I like the assistant 2 on my computer and will use that more frequently. Gets the job done. have not flown for a week or 2 .. we have another UPDATE happening ???????

That could explain this , for the last hour, I will try the phone update, but just incase did you get this message and did you just unplug the phone or what do I do. ?View attachment 31216
I got that message and did unplug and reply once and that's the time it froze. The second time I can't remember if there was a message but it went fine. I didn't unplug the cable.

Same problem here...Stuck at 99%.After 20' i restarted all and the update started from scratch.MA restarted 2-3 times before it reaches 100%
R/C updated witout any problems

Just launched the firmware update and it froze at 38% for about 25 mins. Restarted it all and now the app says everything is all up to date.

Here’s to hoping this little guy doesn’t fall out of the sky out of nowhere today.

(iPhone 8 Plus)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 31
Afternoon gents.
New Mavic Air pilot here.
Wow... what a terrifying ordeal knocking through those initial updates was.
I froze on 30% for a while(picked up kids/survived pickup line came back still at 30%). Pulled micro USB cable. said it was at 78%, upload kept moving to 99% froze there an timed out, unplugged USB, reinserted Usb cable. Timed out again...rinse and repeat, rinse and repeat.....(3 shots of bourbon) Manual restart MA, remote and Phone.
Everything booted up and connected Update restarted at 86% MA restarted like 3 times...but I got there...
Thanks for this forum, and this post for the emotional support.
Update performed through a shiny looking but well abuse Samsung Note8.

I hope this reply helps another terrified NOOB.

Simon

This update process is scarier than flying the drone for the 1st time...

Hello there, new too to the mavic family.

So what happened so far:

Updated the flight zones, no issues, updated the controller, no issues.

Firmware update of the drone, same as others went to 30% then stuck, the remote had its battery depleted, as soon as it died, the phone started to tell me that progress was going to 99% then it told me that it lost the connection. The drone was still searching for the remote and I was trying to recharge the remote while the phone is plugged in, but of course the remote won't turn on if it's low battery...

So I decided to turn off the drone and use the assistant, it did the first firmware upgrade no sweat, after doing the second I could connect myself to the drone no problems, but no WiFi only because my phone is an idiot, but the remote option was fine.

Now charging since the weather is fine for an initial flight.

EDIT:

So no issues afterwards, I was able to upgrade all batteries and get it to fly no sweat. I would recommend for anyone attempting it the first time to do it with the assistant instead of doing it with the app.

Last edited:
How do you do an update from an iMac? I search DJI on the App Store and got nothing. Have tried updating my Mavic air several times tonight with both my iPad and iPhone with no luck. Either freezes at 99% or gives me an error around 20%. Performed multiple reboots as well.

How do you do an update from an iMac? I search DJI on the App Store and got nothing. Have tried updating my Mavic air several times tonight with both my iPad and iPhone with no luck. Either freezes at 99% or gives me an error around 20%. Performed multiple reboots as well.

You can use the DJI assistant 2 which you can download from the DJI website. Most of the time the critical updates are not going to work with just using the Iphone or the Ipad , your going to have to connect your drone with the all the right cables into the the USB on your mac and use the Assistant 2 to upgrade your drone and the controller and or batteries.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the rain.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13