Not open for further replies.

Talley

Reactions
Weight for weight it does.

Mavic air battery - 4.94oz
Mavic Pro 2 battery - 10.37oz

Mavic air average flight times - 14minutes
Mavic pro 2 average flight times - 24minutes

Mavic air is more efficient on battery juice.

Last edited:
So it doesn’t fly longer as your title claims.

Weight for weight it does.

Mavic air battery - 4.94oz
Mavic Pro 2 battery - 10.37oz

Mavic air average flight times - 14minutes
Mavic pro 2 average flight times - 24minutes

Mavic air is more efficient on battery juice.

But to address your calculation - that's obviously because the Mavic Air weighs much less. You would need to normalize by aircraft mass as well in order for the comparison to be valid. If you do that, and assume that battery mass is a linear measure of stored energy, and compare energy used per unit mass per unit time, then the M2P is more efficient by a factor of 1.7.

Reactions: InvisibleName
Really?

Last I checked I'm just an unedjumencated feller who wife doesn't have to work, has 4 kids, nice house paid off vehicles... my house will be paid off at 40yrs old... zero debt and plenty of cashflow I'm like top .01% when it comes to success... education can't teach that.

Sorry man... your dumb

back on point... minute for minute per weight of battery the mavic air flys longer. Of course the mavic weighs less... not the point. It flys longer weight for weight of the battery.

How can you smart folks not comprehend the first sentence I said?

The problem is that you are comparing an incomplete set of parameters. The calculation is meaningless without taking into account the mass of the aircraft, and your statement that the "Mavic air is more efficient on battery juice" is only saying that a lighter quad requires less power than a heavier one. You don't need a calculation of any kind to know that.

The problem is that you are comparing an incomplete set of parameters. The calculation is meaningless without taking into account the mass of the aircraft, and your statement that the "Mavic air is more efficient on battery juice" is only saying that a lighter quad requires less power than a heavier one. You don't need a calculation of any kind to know that.

your thinking too much into it.

your thinking too much into it.

Or you didn't think about it enough before posting an entirely incorrect thread title (and I hope that wasn't simply to lure people into your thread), which is what spun up the resulting comments.

Reactions: InvisibleName
I don't need click bait. I just made an observation that for the weight of the batteries the mavic air is more effecient. Perhaps not due to the weight of the battery but my thought pattern was well 3 batteries for the mavic pro vs 6 for the air yields still more weight reduction and equal total flight times.

battery weight for battery weight the mavic air flys longer. Ok... sure it's the weight of the bird. Duh. But it still flys longer ounce for ounce of the weight of the battery.

Pretty sad members are the way they are here.

I have a toy micro drone that weighs about an ounce and flies for about 10 minutes, that thing is way more efficient than you Air.

Reactions: Hi-Flyer
I don't need click bait. I just made an observation that for the weight of the batteries the mavic air is more effecient. Perhaps not due to the weight of the battery but my thought pattern was well 3 batteries for the mavic pro vs 6 for the air yields still more weight reduction and equal total flight times.

battery weight for battery weight the mavic air flys longer. Ok... sure it's the weight of the bird. Duh. But it still flys longer ounce for ounce of the weight of the battery.

Pretty sad members are the way they are here.

That's a different issue - if you are simply concerned about the weight of batteries that you need to carry for any given total flight time then fair enough. But that's not what you wrote, so you can't reasonably criticize responses pointing that out.

I guess if you look at the rated values. They are extremely close with the mavic 2 pro being more efficient.

Mavic 2 - 1750seconds of hover vs 3850mah = 2.212644 mah per second of hover

Mavic Air - 1200seconds of hover vs 2735mah = 2.279167 mah per second of hover

So in all reality the mavic 2 has a .066523mah better efficiency.

I guess the real question is why do you mavic pro guys have such snobby attitudes? I enjoy flying both. Apparently you guys are bitter for some reason or just feel like being snobby about anything non MP2? I still fly the P3P. I hear comments like "mavic air sucks wont' buy it". Oh wait, is it you can't afford to own both? Here is my collection... they all are great flying birds.

09012018-166040-jpg.44903

Attachments

• 09012018.166040.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 63
And being this seems to just be not going anywhere other than to get members worked up I see no need in it going any further .
dos30bc_8036fb8cf8ced41ca30858df79e7e9af8221ec4f.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661