DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air Gimbal adjustment makes Air fly sideways

Radartk

Reactions
Morning Folks,
While the air is flying, if I adjust the Gimbal wheel to move the camera up or down, the MAvic Air will fly sideways. This happens even after calibration of the Controller, sometimes.
Anyone else have this issue??
Thanks so much,
TK in Tn.

There were two case of this I remember

I have the same error with my MA. I have also calibrated the RC and IMU several times. The error is completely random. I need to constantly watch the drone (mainly near obstacles), not reliable !!! How to solve this problem?
Thanks for all the suggestions.

I have the same error with my MA. I have also calibrated the RC and IMU several times. The error is completely random. I need to constantly watch the drone (mainly near obstacles), not reliable !!! How to solve this problem?
Thanks for all the suggestions.

Swap your props.

Thanks! I did it and it seems to works well now. I only tried it in the room...next days probably coming better weather and I planning a longer flight.

Reactions: Former Member
Same problem here. I'm also having a problem with my video feed breaking up while the drone is hovering directly in front of me. The problem is intermittent. I'm staying on a very small island in Maine so I don't trust flying the aircraft while I'm facing this issue. There are no cell phone towers or major population areas anywhere around.

I have had the same problem with the drone flying sideways when I moved the gimble wheel. After that flight I calibrated the control and no problem but now it seems that I have to re-calibrate before nearly every flight because of the beeping and the red light. A couple of times the calibration showed no movement on the sticks and I've had to power off and wait to restart the controller. This drone has been iffy with drift in the past and I wanted to blame myself for it even though I've never noticed it with my other less sophisticated drones. It had started to drift at a really low altitude while landing and nothing I did with the controller had any effect and the drone contacted my house and damaged the downlock on the front landing gear. I sent it to DJI along with the logs and received a bill for a something over a hundred bucks. I hesitate to send them my controller but I guess I might have to. I have to add that I've really had many many flights with no issues except that I have two swollen batteries and I have cared for them by the book?..

I experience similar behaviour as @Radartk.

Normal drone behaviour using all controls including gimbal.
At some unexpected time mid-flight input on the camera gimbal dial results in unexpected sideways flight by the Mavic Air.
I've found pushing the pause button usually restores the gimbal to controlling the camera tilt only, at least temporarily. Although the error has sometime reappeared again within the same flight.
A fix needed before close calls turn into drone fatalities.

Sometimes when I tilt the camera using the wheel the drone will turn sideways. I don't think it's moving sideways. Sounds like the same sort of issue. This began for me around late summer 2022 with the latest firmware.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000