DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

mavic air gimbal spasms - app or drone problem?

ksdehoff

Reactions
All:

On a recent outing I took 6 video segments. On the 2nd of 6 the camera several times spasm'ed - and the autopilot app I was using crashed on my phone (a first) making me think the spasms and the crash are connected somehow - the other 5 flights are perfect.

Has anyone else seen these camera spasms or odd autopilot behavior?

I've had that on multiple occasions, usually in sport mode. it has happened right after take off, in my preflight checklist ive added this to my low hover test before actual flying.

Not trying to beat a dead horse but seems there are more and more of gimble issues as of late (including me). Mine seems to be tied to 4K video. Backed it down and 3 flights since, the issue hasn’t reappears (but still too early to say that was it).

I had the same exact thing on Mavic Pro, except it would only be at the beginning of the flight and would go away shortly

someone posted a thread about a similar issue - let me see if I can remember enough of it to give you a clue because I can't point you to the thread. The answer was related to changing props on a pro to platinum props. When he made the change the gain settings in the IMU (I think that is where they are - I am a beginner) caused an oscillation that was not noticeable on the AC but caused the gimble to go into resonance.
He tweaked the gains and eliminated the problem. His was more sever than yours.

Had a problem myself with my mavic Pro. Soon after takeoff my image was shaky and distorted. Read a post about checking the props. The props seemed okay, the front props had always been left on for storage never removing them. After putting them back on the problem went away. Remove the props check them then put them back on and see if that doesn't correct the situation. Best of wishes

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada