DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air Goggle Latency

jwalk

Reactions
have a question about using the DJI goggles with the Mavic Air:

I use the regular (white) DJI goggles with my Mavic Air, and everything works fine. I am wondering if upgrading to the DJI Racing goggles is worth it from a latency stand point. I am only going to use the goggles with my Mavic Air (no other drones, no racing, etc).

Since you have to plug the goggles into the controller, is it safe to assume that the goggles are using the controller as the video signal/antenna (not the goggles built in one)?

If yes, would buying the racing goggles be a waste of money because the low latency the racing goggles offers would be bypassed because it links/receives its signal from the controller (not the internal goggle antenna system)?

Not wort it I think the only difference is it’s compatible with racing drones (and it looks cool).

Update:

I tried the racing edition goggles and the regular DJI goggles. The latency was the same! I also have the Aspire 1, but not the Mavic Pro. From what I can tell, you only get the latency boost (lower latency) with the racing edition goggles IF you use a non DJI drone/product. So basically, the benefit of the racing edition goggles is the ability to do one or the other. If you have no intention on buying a non DJI product, the racing edition is not worth it.

Reactions: Mike Shock
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErieSkyPixel