DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air - Increased Reception Range?

Thinking about getting the 4Hawks SR. How much does it impact portability? When traveling do you remove the antenna from the rc and if so how quickly does it attach / detach?

It’s not bad at all. The controller mod adds about a 1 inch extension to the antenna area of the controller. I carry my gear in a Lowepro Droneguard BP250 backpack so I didn’t sacrifice any space. The controller sits up in the bag. The SR is the smaller antenna panel and it’s only about 3/4” thick. There are 2 short cables you connect between the controller and the antenna panel and those unscrew so you can store them in your gear bag. It’s a quick setup and quick breakdown. When traveling, I fully break this kit down but it literally takes less than a minute...two antenna cables and then two mounting studs to unscrew. Done and done.

FCC hack is a software app that tricks your gps into thinking it's in another country e.g USA which then allows the DJI Go4 to select the FCC mode as the default instead of the more limited CE.

Not sure how it affects the home point setting though ?
Hi. I understand how the hack works, but I was told you need to use the Floater app - which is for Android. Whereas I’m using IOS and I can’t find anything similar to this app that will work with IOS. Has anyone with IOS managed to get the FCC mode to be generated? If so, how? I’m stuck...

Hi. I understand how the hack works, but I was told you need to use the Floater app - which is for Android. Whereas I’m using IOS and I can’t find anything similar to this app that will work with IOS. Has anyone with IOS managed to get the FCC mode to be generated? If so, how? I’m stuck...

If you know somebody with an Android device, you only need to do it once. Well perhaps after any future firmware updates too.

My buddy purchased this antenna from ITElite and he says it is his go to antenna for the Mavic Air. He noticed a big difference in antenna strength. Anyone else try one?sparkwave duo back.jpg

Looks very similar to the 4Hawks Raptor SR. I have the SR and can confirm that it’s awesome. Big improvement in video feed strength and long range.

If your going to pay for an extra panel you might as well go amplified.

For non amplified the Titan Control, is an alternative to the the ITElite and 4Hawks SR, I find the Titan T-lock mounting system the difference between the options.
It makes for the most uncomplicated mount, everything is click off and click on and you can share the panel quickly with other controllers

20180330_061815 - Copy.jpg

The option to simulate location on iOS devices is only available for the developers - you require an Android device to make the initial change.

Or an Apple Computer with XCODE.

I would have assumed that had been covered by the "The option to simulate location on iOS devices is only available for the developers" line, what with XCODE being an IDE.

I would have assumed that had been covered by the "The option to simulate location on iOS devices is only available for the developers" line, what with XCODE being an IDE.

Provided that this path is only open to developers. I may be wrong, but from what I know, you do not need a developer account with Apple. There are YouTube tutorials that just require an apple Computer. Be that as it may. I would borrow an android device for half an hour or buy a ****** or defective one for a couple of bucks...

I used a friends Android device with the FakeGPS app to make the change. Once its done you can return to your iOS device for flights. Just remember to say No too changing the settings each time you load the app.

Provided that this path is only open to developers. I may be wrong, but from what I know, you do not need a developer account with Apple. There are YouTube tutorials that just require an apple Computer. Be that as it may. I would borrow an android device for half an hour or buy a ****** or defective one for a couple of bucks...

May be worth checking specs if buying a cheapy. I tried to use my work phone (LG G4) to do this, and it wouldnt find the Mavic's WiFi connection. I havent checked but Im assuming the Mavic uses AC WIfi which isnt supported on the LG. May be the same for other cheap andriod devices.

I live in Sweden and me and my friends are having some issues with Connection quality sometimes, would this FCC "hack" improve our Connection quality? And if so, can anyone help and guide me with a "howto"? would be appreciate!

/P

I live in Sweden and me and my friends are having some issues with Connection quality sometimes, would this FCC "hack" improve our Connection quality? And if so, can anyone help and guide me with a "howto"? would be appreciate!

/P

Very possibly. If you search YouTube for “Mavic Air fcc” there are plenty of guides. Basically you need too:

- Install fake GPS app on an android device and set location to USA (check this has worked by opening google maps.
- Load the DJI go app and connect the phone directly to the drone via WiFi (no remote cable).
- You should be promoted to change your WiFi settings due to your new location, click OK to do this. You are now in FCC mode.
- Turn the Fake GPS off (again verify this has worked using google maps)
- Reload the DJI go app, and as your location is now back in Europe it will ask you to change again. Click cancel! <<< you will need to do this every time you load the app now, or it will switch back to CE mode.
- To check it at any time, go to the WiFi settings page in the flight screen and you should only see channels 1-11, instead of 1-13.

If you normally fly with an iOS device then this can’t be done as there is no fake GPS app. But you can use an android phone to complete the above steps and then it will stay in FCC mode when you reconnect your iOS device.

I have a mavic air and live in a city with lots of buildings. I am going to get a Titan antenna. Should I get the Whip antenna or the control 5.8 antenna system? What is the difference between having the two stick things and the big panel? Which is better? Thank you.

I have a mavic air and live in a city with lots of buildings. I am going to get a Titan antenna. Should I get the Whip antenna or the control 5.8 antenna system? What is the difference between having the two stick things and the big panel? Which is better? Thank you.
The panel is more directional while the whips transmit in all directions. With my experiences with the total systems, you will get both with the system. Your local environment really is what comes into play as to what is better. Do you have the fcc hack (if outside of U.S.)? It will usually give you a good performance boost for the air. I have titans on various platforms, but have not done so with the Air. I don’t like to take it to far from me due how much wind comes into play with this guy.

The panel is more directional while the whips transmit in all directions. With my experiences with the total systems, you will get both with the system. Your local environment really is what comes into play as to what is better. Do you have the fcc hack (if outside of U.S.)? It will usually give you a good performance boost for the air. I have titans on various platforms, but have not done so with the Air. I don’t like to take it to far from me due how much wind comes into play with this guy.

I live in Shanghai, what is the fcc hack and how do I get it?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair