DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air? January 23, 2018

CChoiVA

Reactions
Wondering if anyone else has heard rumors of a "Mavic Air" supposedly being announced on January 23. Was reading a article and it states that it will probably a smaller and faster version of the Mavic Pro with a price point between $600-$900 to help bridge that gap between the Spark and Mavic Pro. Allegedly there was a video posted online with a sighting of the Mavic Air but has since taken down. It would be nice if there were some photos of its size compared to the MP, if not then I guess we'll have to wait a little over a week.

Source: DJI Mavic Air, a smaller, lighter and faster drone to be unveiled in NYC on Jan 23rd?

Reactions: CanberraMavic
^^^^well anyone can upload an aerial pix on instagram and put the appropriate MAVIC AIR hashtag...it does not mean a thing...that account is not DJI Official

it's very popular here now, most of my friends have one!

Reactions: k3vnnyork
^^^^well anyone can upload an aerial pix on instagram and put the appropriate MAVIC AIR hashtag...it does not mean a thing...that account is not DJI Official
absolutely.I want to believe it but its all so shrouded.

Reactions: KONY
How come this New York event is not listed on any of DJIs events calendar or website?

Reactions: Prado man
I'm still waiting for autel to confirm a release date for their new quad so that Dji will release the next generation of drone 2 weeks later.

Mavic 2, with 1" sensor, can fly in the rain and has 1 hour flight time...or some such thing.

Reactions: strademarkworld
DJI posted this announcement on their website here.

Hoping its a drone that bridges the gap between the Spark and MP. Better not be a MP2 considering I just bought a MPP not too long ago. I'd like to enjoy this one for a bit before having to think about buying another one.

Reactions: Mr. Moe
A rainproof drone is unlikely, sadly, as the forward obstacle sensors need to be able to see what the heck is going on, and rain tends to prevent that...

A rainproof drone is unlikely, sadly, as the forward obstacle sensors need to be able to see what the heck is going on, and rain tends to prevent that...
No one will know until the release. Can’t wait for the actual specs from DJI.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki