DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air Lens Bezel

Creek.Jumper

Reactions
Hi, is there a trick to getting the lens bezel off? Mine is crazy tight. Tried the rubber band trick. I can get good grip but I feel if I put any more into it, something is going to break.

These rings always feel crazy tight the first time they are removed. Here are some tips that should help:
  • Position three fingers evenly around the outside of the ring (so you can apply even pressure) like this:

Filter-Removal-Finger-Position.jpg

• Grip the ring as loosely as possible. If you grip the ring with a lot of force and/or attempt to use tools to remove it, it likely won't budge and you might damage it.

• Hold the camera steady with your other hand.

• Push the ring against the camera with a little bit of pressure as you turn the ring counterclockwise.

dreams.metroeve_counterclockwise-dreams-meaning.gif

• Wear a rubber glove if the ring slips through your fingers.

If the above technique does not work, another option is to use the included USB Type-C cable to create a makeshift wrench as shown in this video:

Last edited:
These rings always feel crazy tight the first time they are removed. Here are some tips that should help:
  • Position three fingers evenly around the outside of the ring (so you can apply even pressure) like this:

View attachment 37578

• Grip the ring as loosely as possible. If you grip the ring with a lot of force and/or attempt to use tools to remove it, it likely won't budge and you might damage it.

• Hold the camera steady with your other hand.

• Turn the ring counterclockwise.

• Wear a rubber glove if the ring slips through your fingers.
Thanks. It took some time, but I got it off with his help!

OK, this is weird. After several days of trying to remove the stock filter bezel, bringing my MA back to my retailers for help and taking the tips from msinger's post above, nothing worked. This morning, I tried to remove the bezel with my left hand, and the bezel came off without a problem.

The trick that someone else suggested was to push IN while turning. If I didn't push in mine did not move. Pushing in worked like a charm!

Hi, is there a trick to getting the lens bezel off? Mine is crazy tight. Tried the rubber band trick. I can get good grip but I feel if I put any more into it, something is going to break.
You can use a wide-ish rubber band to increase the friction of your grip on the bezel. Be sure to hold the camera firmly with the other hand to prevent stressing the gimbal bearings/motors. If you have particularly big fingers, it might help to find someone with slender fingers to do it; the working space is, as you know, very limited. After the first removal, you'll have no further difficulties.

I just want to say thanks for the tips. I required LOTS of patience, but after 15 long minutes it just released fine. I was using rubber gloves and almost losing my faith when it finally got loose. I ended up sweating as I was very nervous to damage the gimble.

Now to test the new filters to see if all the stress was worth it!

Reactions: mad monkey
I took a couple of my daughters small hair elastics around the bezel then took to twisting without breaking lol very nerve wracking

Used a mechanics blue glove and got it off in less than 30 seconds with the right angle and pressure Thumbswayup

Attachments

• A900917F-3B50-4001-9199-956FF2134400.jpeg
    A900917F-3B50-4001-9199-956FF2134400.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 26
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne