DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air Lost Connection

tangy07

Reactions
So something strange happened to me yesterday. Took the drone out to fly over the lake. The GPS signals were good and connections were good. Flew the drone out for a test run, flew out to about 900m and height about 40m before connection started to get a bit unstable so i flew it back.

Landed and changed the battery since the battery was not full and i wanted to fly longer. restared the drone, wait for home point to be set before taking off on the same route again. But this time it lost connection at about 300m out and height about 50m. Drone starts to return home, but my screen was still frozen. Not sure if it was flying back or it crashed in the water. After a minute, i saw the drone coming back but the connection was still lost. Not sure why it did not reconnect when it was close by. it landed where the home point was set but connection was still lost. I had to restart both my remote and drone in order to gain connection back.

I flew out again after reconnecting and it was fine after that. I looked at the flight log but it doesn't show that i lost connection, the flight records just shows that to went to 299m and then it stops. Just wondering what could have happened here. Want to avoid this from happening again cuz it scared the crap out of me. Thanks.

Hi, I also had this problem before, D 314m and H 155m, all signal is good , but suddenly disconnected, I remember that time I using a 3rd party micro usb to lightning cable, I guest high possibility is the cable problem, please check your cable, or use USB TYPE A port for more safety, some user also complain that the micro usb Port had same problem.

Reactions: tangy07
This can be very scary. It is a good reason to always be aware of your drones location. This is one of the reasons I always fly with strobes.

I have had this experience with my MA in 4 different occasions. At least 2 of these times I was within fairly close proximity (<500 ft). On one occasion I was over very remote BLM land where there was no possibility of adverse EMI. In all cases it successfully came to the home point because I had set the drone to RTH upon disconnect. On two of these occasions this immediately followed the use of the tracking option. I no longer use this feature, but perhaps this was just a coincidence or perhaps this has now been corrected in one of the SW updates.

Reactions: tangy07
its so strange. I will check the cable. Thanks.

My Air did the same exact thing twice the other day right after putting on a new after market cable. Put back on my old cable which worked fine (it just looked a little worn) and it was good again. So yes probably is your cable.

For everyone's benefit, if you do find it was your cable, please post the brand name of the cable that caused the problem.

Reactions: bottomsup
It's really scary when that happens and I've been able to reconnect by turning off my controller and phone. By doing two things, I have no idea which one solved the problem. I always suspect the cable, but when you consider that you can fly the drone with only the controller...(I wouldn't) It's hard to place the blame on the cable..maybe I'm missing something.

It's really scary when that happens and I've been able to reconnect by turning off my controller and phone. By doing two things, I have no idea which one solved the problem. I always suspect the cable, but when you consider that you can fly the drone with only the controller...(I wouldn't) It's hard to place the blame on the cable..maybe I'm missing something.

do you mean you turn off your controller and phone after your drone has landed or you turn those off while the drone is still flying.

no I turned in off while it was flying. It hooked right up..whew!..I have no idea if it was the right thing to do.
You can fly the drone without the App or a screen. I don't know what you would do if it decided to take a hike :rolleyes:

Here's a reason to use the big Type A USB port, in the bottom of the RC, to connect to your device:

That micro USB port in the upper left side is the ONLY way to charge the RC...so the less wear you put on that port, the better. Your device, on the other hand can be connected to the RC using either port.

Here's a reason to use the big Type A USB port, in the bottom of the RC, to connect to your device:

That micro USB port in the upper left side is the ONLY way to charge the RC...so the less wear you put on that port, the better. Your device, on the other hand can be connected to the RC using either port.

OK thats to know. I didn't know you can use that port for connecting lol

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu