DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic air lost rear leg

What holds that piece on? Is there a screw under the rubber pad? You can see what looks like dirt or mud in the motor vents. I too suspect it took quite a hit.

Thanks a lot, you helped me to find out and discovering spare parts providers on ebay or alibaba. DJI care offers me to replace it, but i dont feel to give it to them for 2 weeks, buying the spare par would be better for less than 30 usd.

Thanks a lot, you helped me to find out and discovering spare parts providers on ebay or alibaba. DJI care offers me to replace it, but i dont feel to give it to them for 2 weeks, buying the spare par would be better for less than 30 usd.

Given the damage the drone took I’d recommend sending it to DJI so they can check over everything. You don’t break off a piece like that without possibility doing other damage.

Given the damage the drone took I’d recommend sending it to DJI so they can check over everything. You don’t break off a piece like that without possibility doing other damage.
That was the recommendation 6 replies in!

Yey! We got there! Amazingly, it looks like it came away without damaging the point of contact to the arm. As suggested above, maybe buy the arm assembly from eBay and swop the part over? I still wonder that, if the crash was severe enough for that to come off, what other damage might have occurred that you might not be able to see?
If he ends up having to buy the entire arm to get the landing gear, I'd suggest replacing the entire arm and keep the old on missing the gear as parts for the future.

I still want to know how that part is attached, the one that departed the "not crashed very hard" aircraft. Has anyone COMPLETELY disassembled an Air yet? I'd totally watch that video.

I still want to know how that part is attached, the one that departed the "not crashed very hard" aircraft. Has anyone COMPLETELY disassembled an Air yet? I'd totally watch that video.

At 33.21 in that video. Great video, although I understood nothing :D
P.S. It does seem that if you lose that part, your bird will still technically fly ok but landing will be a problem.

As easily as that foot popped off I might retract my "major damage" assessment. A hard landing could easily dislodge the foot if it was at the right angle.

R u seriously asking if the rear leg of a drone is important? Without the rear leg u can't even take off or hovering. Go figure and stop wasting peoples time!
Shout out to @msinger for being so patient and even took the extra mile to upload 2 different pics scenario to help out the guy. We all could learn something from him.

I totally agree! Following these entrys demonstrated for me just how patient and helpful some posts can be and at the same time how unhelpful and rude others are.

Shout out to @msinger for being so patient and even took the extra mile to upload 2 different pics scenario to help out the guy. We all could learn something from him.
@msinger is great. He’s been a lot of help all over as I’ve read thru so many posts. And his site is chock full of great info and links

Reactions: msinger
After reading all the posts about the problems the MA pilots are experiencing I'm glad I didn't get one...sounds like a junker...much like the Edsil Ford made many years ago...just saying

After reading all the posts about the problems the MA pilots are experiencing I'm glad I didn't get one...sounds like a junker...much like the Edsil Ford made many years ago...just saying
I would say mine is far for being a junker, matter of fact the one i have does everything it's suppose to do and secondly it's your opinion and only yours.

As you say “pilots”! In most cases it appears that the problems have been caused by pilot error!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54