DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air Low Noise Propellers?

Look this video

I've made these and boy oh boy do they take a lot of time. Also not sure if I made them properly or not!

seems to fly well, but there is an occasional random high pitched, reverberation that makes it similar in sound to the original props but still quite noticeably quieter. It comes and goes and I am not sure what is causing it? My filing or spacing? You might need to be extremely precises with the spacing, filing and trimming of the propellers and or use a different brand of the anafi props as theres many different manufacturers on amazon. I've flown 4 recharges on these props and no issues so far, no crazy vibrating or other odd behaviour.

If you don't have very good filing and or precise cutting and dexterity in fingers, i don't suggest you try this! I heard that master airscrew will be coming out with silent MAVIC AIR propellers soon so that may be our best hope for silencing the high pitched noise from this drone.

Reactions: Nickes
I've made these and boy oh boy do they take a lot of time. Also not sure if I made them properly or not!

seems to fly well, but there is an occasional random high pitched, reverberation that makes it similar in sound to the original props but still quite noticeably quieter. It comes and goes and I am not sure what is causing it? My filing or spacing? You might need to be extremely precises with the spacing, filing and trimming of the propellers and or use a different brand of the anafi props as theres many different manufacturers on amazon. I've flown 4 recharges on these props and no issues so far, no crazy vibrating or other odd behaviour.

If you don't have very good filing and or precise cutting and dexterity in fingers, i don't suggest you try this! I heard that master airscrew will be coming out with silent MAVIC AIR propellers soon so that may be our best hope for silencing the high pitched noise from this drone.

Propellers are quite technical things, everything from optimal size to angle of the blade. My expectation is that the tolerance level for defects at factory is quite low and even if the pitch is off by a minuscule amount, it could have adverse effects to the flight profile and efficiency.

These DIY blades are not balanced and manually making them from hand is going to introduce slight defects. From the sounds of it, you’ve done an excellent job in making the props, however the intermittent noise is probably the motors spinning harder occasionally to compensate for them being not exactly balanced.

Would love for DJI to take some serious consideration to making similar props but with perfectly balanced ones

Reactions: Mxs
I knew all that when i started to make these props. I will only be using them initially in testing areas and tweaking the balance or fitment as much as I can to try and remove the occasional high pitched noises. This will buy me some time until some new mavic air silent props are released which are coming!! I believe in it!! I really like the sound of the mavic air with these anafi props minus the occasional high pitched noises.

Yea, don't bother, somebody experienced should do the manufacturing to be balanced. Otherwise your mavic will be blown away

So any news about a more silent prop? just upgraded from the spark and i didn't think there should be that big difference but it really was.

I just sent a mail to master airscrew, see what they say..

Here's a sample video. Try listening to the changes in pitch and sound. Has anyone else tried these and had the same issue? If not, what did you do to make it consistent?

Reactions: Mavco
I wouldn't risk it on some DIY prop project.
1. injury/damage to person/property if a prop fails
2. losing the drone if a prop fails

If a nick in a prop is reason enough to replace props, these DIY props are an accident waiting to happen. And that flight video doesn't sound any different than a stock Mavic Air to me...a before and after video would have been much better.

YMMV

i'm gonna try and piece together a comparison of noise levels video. As for their reliability, i've gone thru about 10 or so complete battery drains over soft grass at 1-25m with these anafi props using different speeds, abrupt maneuvres, braking, sport mode, etc etc basically strained them out without going too high or over water. Always checked them after every battery and they still seem to be going strong.

Reactions: pyrolator
Hi!
Got an answer from Master Airscrew:
"We are working on dedicated to Mavic Air version of our Upgrade propellers. I would share, they should be released till end of year. "

Then i found this post on the "DJI Mods - Mavic Air" fb group, this could be a nice alternative, just need to find the right props, and maybe even do a 3 blade conversion...
snip_20181031124507.png

Reactions: StevenM
This is a great idea! Please keep us informed. There has to be something that works.

Hi!
"We are working on dedicated to Mavic Air version of our Upgrade propellers. I would share, they should be released till end of year. "

Then i found this post on the "DJI Mods - Mavic Air" fb group, this could be a nice alternative, just need to find the right props, and maybe even do a 3 blade conversion...
View attachment 51903

Hi!
Why can't we use Anafi props type of mount - with screw? So we just need Anafi propeller set and proper screws. No drilling, cutting, balancing, etc.
And after teardown of mavic air mount we've got original screw to make measurements.

Why can't we use Anafi props type of mount - with screw? So we just need Anafi propeller set and proper screws. No drilling, cutting, balancing, etc.
And after teardown of mavic air mount we've got original screw to make measurements.
Are you talking about the motor mount adapters? Those screws are really tiny. You would want something alot more durable. I've fabricated something alot more durable using screws as well. I may post it here later. The occasional high noise vibration is still there although it isn't as frequent with my new design as with musashis instructions. Can someone design a mount with a 3d printer?

Are you talking about the motor mount adapters? Those screws are really tiny. You would want something alot more durable. I've fabricated something alot more durable using screws as well. I may post it here later. The occasional high noise vibration is still there although it isn't as frequent with my new design as with musashis instructions. Can someone design a mount with a 3d printer?
1. Yes. I'm talkin about the way how propellers are mounted on parrot anafi drone:

Sunnylife-CW-CCW-Propeller-for-Parrot-ANAFI-RC-Drone-712980-.jpg
And here is motor of mavic air:
NW_DJI_Mavic_Air_Right_Side_Front_Motor_Arm_-_White_MDDJA0140_4.jpg
2. The occasional high noise vibration I've also got on my spark. So if you have used spark propellers mount to make anafi adapter, it because of this mount.
3. I've got a 3d printer.

We are so close to figuring out how to make these anafi props work perfectly!!! We are also close the release of the master airscrew ones too. Anytime now (unless there is a delay.......)

Ok Kirello, if you can figure out how to mount it on the mavic air like the anafi, then maybe we can get rid of the ongoing extra vibration noise. But why is the spark prop mount causing the issue? I don't understand.

Sent an email to Master Airscrew and no response, that was about 2 weeks ago. I wonder how these props are going anyone have an inside scoop?
I emailed them just recently as they said an eta was in January but my latest response was just this week. ..

Good afternoon thank you for contacting Master Airscrew. We should be releasing them in the next few weeks, talk to you soon and have a great day.

so vague really, I don't know when they will be released. Maybe dji or another company will release something earlier?? Bad for master airscrew for their response time. In the meantime, use the Anafi props here at your own discretion. Please support the designer tronno if you can. I'm currently testing these props out and don't be fooled, they are quite strong if you know how to use your 3d printer but they are still a bit noisy and not for the weak of heart. Test in a safe environment. If anyone has any other info for noise reduction, let us know here.

mavic air anafi prop adaptor (quick release style) by Tronno

I emailed them just recently as they said an eta was in January but my latest response was just this week. ..

Good afternoon thank you for contacting Master Airscrew. We should be releasing them in the next few weeks, talk to you soon and have a great day.

so vague really, I don't know when they will be released. Maybe dji or another company will release something earlier?? Bad for master airscrew for their response time. In the meantime, use the Anafi props here at your own discretion. Please support the designer tronno if you can. I'm currently testing these props out and don't be fooled, they are quite strong if you know how to use your 3d printer but they are still a bit noisy and not for the weak of heart. Test in a safe environment. If anyone has any other info for noise reduction, let us know here.

mavic air anafi prop adaptor (quick release style) by Tronno
Hi all
New here but have been following this thread with interest !
I made some cnc’d prop adaptors to take advantage of all the 5” props available to quieten this mavic air down a few
decibels !
So far i found the master airscrew 5x4.5 the quietest out them all, i think pitch maybe a bit tall as an alarm comes up with torque overload when under heavy stopping, but otherwise i have clocked up approx 3 hrs flying with them with no issues.
Im gonna try a 5x3 prop to eliminate app warning.

Attachments

• 0C55B82A-A0DB-4288-9B9E-E11FA1AB23DB.jpeg
    0C55B82A-A0DB-4288-9B9E-E11FA1AB23DB.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 154
Hi all
New here but have been following this thread with interest !
I made some cnc’d prop adaptors to take advantage of all the 5” props available to quieten this mavic air down a few
decibels !
So far i found the master airscrew 5x4.5 the quietest out them all, i think pitch maybe a bit tall as an alarm comes up with torque overload when under heavy stopping, but otherwise i have clocked up approx 3 hrs flying with them with no issues.
Im gonna try a 5x3 prop to eliminate app warning.

amazing!!! I would like to see some video or hear audio of it! Also some more pictures of all the pieces. If u can , thanks.

amazing!!! I would like to see some video or hear audio of it! Also some more pictures of all the pieces. If u can , thanks.
Here is how the adaptor looks and with master screw props mounted on the air.
I think for the average mavic air user the adaptor should be longer and an M5 nut on top to hold the prop, the 2 screws here is way to much work just changing props !
Because the adapter has been cnc machined in 1 operation the prop maintain a prfic mount, concentric and the prop tips track perfectly, it is machined out of delrin so the is some flex an give within the adapter, so noting will break of fall of in mid flight / mission
But i think potentially this is the best solution for a noisey drone. You’d think the R&D guys workn’n for prop manfactures would be onto this “ a popular drone with in need of better props”
I have video but the forum doesn’t like .mov files ?
8B761002-EFCC-44A2-9102-0AEF31F7979B.jpegB13427A4-25A7-48F4-8291-2EFA21C95D64.jpeg

Last edited:
Fantastic!! That mavic air is gorgeous! I would be interested in getting the CNC'd prop adapters. What are they made of? I would imagine someone can make a 3d printed version of the adapters with reinforced holders as I am not sure how people can get access to a CNC.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman