DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic air microSD card insertion and removal

dgd3

Reactions
About the only thing I hate about the Mavic air is getting the microSD card out. I have to carry around a pair of tweezers in order to be able to pull it out which isn't too bad but gosh they put it in about the most difficult spot as they could. Engineering decisions I know, sigh.

I do not understand the problem. Why do you need to take it out and in all the time. I never do. Just plug in and control all the data from the computer. You have to deploy the files into the computer anyhow, so why take the card out?

Reactions: Turn11 and dgd3
I use the tape method, however I found that scotch tape only lasted a few times pulling on it before it broke. I switched to a heavier packing tape and it has lasted for months now.

I've got this USB type C connector with my s9+ and sticked this small adapter in it, easily able to push SD card from the drone and push it back with the TypeC metal head. + easy to transfer files to the phone.
e71aa1469d4cc2466b0304612184d9ed.jpg

About the only thing I hate about the Mavic air is getting the microSD card out. I have to carry around a pair of tweezers in order to be able to pull it out which isn't too bad but gosh they put it in about the most difficult spot as they could. Engineering decisions I know, sigh.

Careful, do not just pull it out - it's spring loaded. You need to first push it in, then you can pull it out once it is partially ejected. If you are just pulling it out with tweezers you might end up breaking the mechanism.

I have very large hands and honestly I have no problem getting the door open and the micro SD card out, just a quick push with the end of my finger and it works every time. All the reviews complain about it too, so I was expecting some difficulty there when I got my Air but it has been a total non issue for me personally. I wouldn't trust myself with metal tweezers near the finish of my drone! :)

Reactions: Drgnfli
Careful, do not just pull it out - it's spring loaded. You need to first push it in, then you can pull it out once it is partially ejected. If you are just pulling it out with tweezers you might end up breaking the mechanism.

I have very large hands and honestly I have no problem getting the door open and the micro SD card out, just a quick push with the end of my finger and it works every time. All the reviews complain about it too, so I was expecting some difficulty there when I got my Air but it has been a total non issue for me personally. I wouldn't trust myself with metal tweezers near the finish of my drone! :)
I was just going to say this. Are you folks pushing the card in first to properly eject it? It'll pop right out.

I was just going to say this. Are you folks pushing the card in first to properly eject it? It'll pop right out.

The issue is not really pushing it in to get it to eject, it's once it is ejected it still does not stick out enough to grab ahold of (hence, the tape to _pull_ it out once ejected).

Reactions: Qoncussion
I do not understand the problem. Why do you need to take it out and in all the time. I never do. Just plug in and control all the data from the computer. You have to deploy the files into the computer anyhow, so why take the card out?
I now know only one person who ever reads data directly from the A/C.

What drives me crazy is when you push it in to eject it and it flies out and onto the floor - where finding it is a PITA

I'm referring to the Mavic Pro, it's also difficult to insert the card since there is some play in the card slot.

What drives me crazy is when you push it in to eject it and it flies out and onto the floor - where finding it is a PITA
Something similar happened to me years ago, but it was with a handheld GPS unit, not a drone. I needed to change out the microSD card in the unit and I happened to be standing in some tall grass. I pressed the card to eject it, and SPROING!!!, the thing popped out of the unit and into the tall grass. No way I would ever be able to find the tiny thing. Sometimes miniaturization can be a PITA.

Larry

Fold a little piece of scotch tape around the trailing edge and you will have enough to grab it and remove it, and you can still close the door.
That's why you get paid the big-bucks! I would have never thought about that. Thanks Dragon!

Honestly I don't know what people complain about, it's easy to get in and out without any convoluted tricks?

I watched a bunch of videos of people complaining, they all try pull it straight out, just press the card again and it pops out, simple, no hacks sellotape or anything.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000