DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air Motor Error message

Gr8fulTed

Reactions
Please let me preface this by saying although I've had my Mavic Air since they first came out, and been at this forum for much of that time, I have less than 20 flights in (life gets in the way), so I very much consider myself still a newbie with those early flying jitters and fears. That being said, here is what occurred: I was flying today and in the middle of the flight I got a motor error message. Have absolutely no idea why. Below are some particulars that might be relevant:
  1. There was a breeze, but nothing really strong
  2. I started out on the grass and then flew it over a 300-foot drop off
  3. I didn't up date at the last firmware update, but did update the one a few weeks before.
  4. It seemed to start out just fine, but I got the message about half-way through the flight
  5. Although the area was not that close to buildings or mountains, I could only find one small place to adequately calibrate the drone and then moved about 100 yards away to fly it; I had good satellite signal at the point of takeoff.
  6. I recently replaced the factory props with those Master Airscrew Stealth props for a longer and quieter flight.
  7. I was using the latest iPad mini as the flight monitor.
  8. I am including a link to the video I shot with it in case that might help you. Normally, I would have edited it before posting it but I wanted it there in its entirety in case that might help someone determine what caused the error message.

Any thoughts or suggestions for what might have occurred and a way to tell a newbie how to insure it doesn't happen again would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks!

Did you change the gain settings as Master Airscrew recommends? (Note there are slightly different settings depending on if you have the 1st or 2nd generation of those props) The motor current error is usually due to that.

They supposedly came out with a newer version of these problematic props, I’d suggest hitting them up to replace yours.

They supposedly came out with a newer version of these problematic props, I’d suggest hitting them up to replace yours.

Unless Master Airscrew had a change of heart, they aren't offering to replace v1 with v2. I've actually been using v1 with the recommended settings and haven't experienced a Motor Current error in quite some time.

Unless Master Airscrew had a change of heart, they aren't offering to replace v1 with v2. I've actually been using v1 with the recommended settings and haven't experienced a Motor Current error in quite some time.
Someone here on the forum emailed them, kept in touch and got the new ones. I fly a Pro so I am just out $30 bucks. I had too many “not enough force” errors so they sit in a box.

Just a quick post to say thanks to you guys who gave me the tips. I was totally ignorant regarding Master Airscrew's recommendations to change the settings until you stepped up to inform me.. Thanks so much. That was the issue and everything seems to be pretty copacetic now.

Just a quick post to say thanks to you guys who gave me the tips. I was totally ignorant regarding Master Airscrew's recommendations to change the settings until you stepped up to inform me.. Thanks so much. That was the issue and everything seems to be pretty copacetic now.
What, you mean you read the instructions that came with the props? ?

Yes - there is a card included in every box of the props, explaining and highlighting the correct gain settings.
In large print!

I'm not sure what else MA could do to highlight the instructions!

Reactions: InvisibleName
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe Duhr