DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air motors overheating (HELP)

250fpv

Reactions
I have just repaired a Mavic Air that was crashed into fresh water the main board was not corroded but the esc board was slightly and was giving errors like esc error and invalid battery. I cleaned all of the boards with isopropanol anchohol and it started working again but all of the motors get very hot( nearly hot enough to burn my fingers) in 20-28c. I have aftermarket props and the motors are not corroded or stiff as I removed one to check.
Does anyone have any suggestions

Did you use alcohol on the motors too? There may be some fine grit in them that you need to get out.

Thanks for the reply I actually used contact cleaner sorry. I didn’t clean the motors but I did blow them out with a compressor and they don’t feel like they have any grit.

Yeah I havnt had any gimbal motor overloads but the gimbal was stripped as well and sprayed with contact cleaner I have only been flying it for max 20% battery used and then landing and waiting for it to cool down. The motors don’t get hot if I run then for a few minutes without proppelors though.

I have just got a temp gun and all the motors after a sport mode flight using 20% battery are about 36-38 c but the temp gun is only cheap so give or take 1c is that good and after flying around high for a full battery they feel colder but I will get readings of this soon

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22