DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic air ND filters

BlackFrog

Reactions
Hey everyone. Had anyone had experience with the NEEWER ND filters on the
Mavic Air..I had trouble taking off the lens cap..only to find out the filters actually slip over the existing camera..they are not threaded..I STILL CAN'T TAKE OFF THE CAP. So I guess I'm doin ok

Glad you asked. I am also having trouble taking off the lens cap on my Mavic Air. I thought that it would unscrew as a normal bottle cap would. However, no matter how hard I try, it doesn't unscrew. I'm afraid of breaking the camera or the gimbal. I have not purchased ND filters yet because of this. I am assuming that they would screw on like so many other drones do. I never thought that they would just slip over the existing camera lens.

I would also appreciate it if any of you fine folk out there could let us know if we're missing something or not. Do the ND filters just slip on the camera lens or should the camera lens really unscrew?

Hi I didn't expect the slip on type either they have felt on the inside I found em on Amazon in a 6 pack for 25$ . By NEEWER..I as well did not want to damage the camera.. apparently no idea how to get it off otherwise..

I had to use some needle nose pliers to hold the camera steady and apply just a touch additional force to unscrew the lense outer ring. There is no lense on the outer ring, it’s just an empty ring.

Hey everyone. Had anyone had experience with the NEEWER ND filters on the
Mavic Air..I had trouble taking off the lens cap..only to find out the filters actually slip over the existing camera..they are not threaded..I STILL CAN'T TAKE OFF THE CAP. So I guess I'm doin ok

You will fine the best advice on this thread. Link

I have the Neewer filters, but the ones I have screw on like others. The factory lens ring is a pain to remove the first time. I just kept at it, always supporting the gimbal. Keep at it, eventually you'll get it to where it threads off. No problems with the threads after that.

i have the neweer nd filters for the air. I didn't notice. Mine seemed like they were threaded.

Wear rubber gloves to remove the ring. Once this is done, changing filters works like a charm on Mavic Air. Better than on Mavic 1, 2 and Spark imho.

You can use a rubber band and slip part of the band around the cap. It will give you the grip you need to remove the cap from the camera. That’s all it is no Lens on it it’s just a thread on cap without any lens or protection whatsoever. Hope this helps.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Va1entin