DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air Night Lights

Does anyone know of lights for the Mavic Air for night flying?
Are you looking for spotlights to see the ground or lights so you can easily track your Mavic Air in the sky?

Reactions: Drone Master
I am interested in both actually. If you have any suggestion for the Air I'd appreciate it.

STROBON Cree strobe lights would be a good option for spotting your Mavic Air in the air. They are small and lightweight -- making them a great fit for the Mavic Air.

4s.jpg

If you don't mind sticking things to your Mavic Air, another option would be to attach the lights with 3M Dual Lock.
3M.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Springerdog1
There are 3 lights, but 4 mounts? If I wanted to fully light up the Air how many mounts and lights would I need?

You'll need at least two lights (one on the front and back) to see your Mavic Air from the front and back. Four lights (one on each arm) would of course allow it to be seen from any angle.

Reactions: Springerdog1
Will probably wait till Mavic 2 is out and then make my decision if I will keep the Air or upgrade to bigger Mavic. If I keep the Air I'll be buying some lights from you.

A couple of questions for you.
1/ Are the white lights bright enough illuminate the ground from say 50 feet away? Can you get them to point down or just horizontally.
2/ What are the chances these lights/grips would work on the Mavic Pro or possibly even Mavic 2?

Are the white lights bright enough illuminate the ground from say 50 feet away?
No.

Here's are a few examples showing what these lights look like from the air:

Can you get them to point down or just horizontally.
My mounts only allow them to be pointed toward the front/back of the Mavic.

What are the chances these lights/grips would work on the Mavic Pro or possibly even Mavic 2?
The mounts I linked above only fit the Mavic Air. I also make these Mavic Pro mounts. The Mavic 2 will have a different design, so I'll need to design new mounts for it.

STROBON Cree strobe lights would be a good option for spotting your Mavic Air in the air. They are small and lightweight -- making them a great fit for the Mavic Air. You could attach them to the Mavic Air arms with these Mavic Air mounts:

View attachment 32367

If you don't mind sticking things to your Mavic Air, another option would be to attach the lights with 3M Dual Lock.
View attachment 32366
STROBON Cree strobe lights would be a good option for spotting your Mavic Air in the air. They are small and lightweight -- making them a great fit for the Mavic Air. You could attach them to the Mavic Air arms with these Mavic Air mounts:

View attachment 32367

View attachment 32366
These lights look amazing, best I’ve seen yet! Does work out quite expensive for 4 with 4 mounts though, but I’ll keep these in mind when I want some.

Reactions: msinger
I use 3M Dual Lock to attach a red, Firehouse, 4 LED strobe to the bottom (battery) and a white one on the top. You can find brighter strobes, but they will require separate power sources, and brighter LEDs, all of which increase the weight, reducing flight time.
The Firehouse strobes include rechargeable batteries and weigh just a few grams, representing the best compromise for all the Mavics, IMO.

Although they are intended for use at night, they also help in the day, though to a lesser extent. I fly with them all the time.

Reactions: Dragon2650
I use Strobe on lights. One white one on top using white Velcro on my white Mavic air, and a red one on the bottom using black Velcro. Extremely bright! Cheaper than Firehouse and you WON'T be disappointed! Like MavicFlyer, I use them all of the time since it's so easy to see a small drone far away. Strobon UAV Strobe Light for your UAV Drone

I use 3M Dual Lock to attach a red, Firehouse, 4 LED strobe to the bottom (battery) and a white one on the top. You can find brighter strobes, but they will require separate power sources, and brighter LEDs, all of which increase the weight, reducing flight time.
The Firehouse strobes include rechargeable batteries and weigh just a few grams, representing the best compromise for all the Mavics, IMO.

Although they are intended for use at night, they also help in the day, though to a lesser extent. I fly with them all the time.
You can set the Firehouse for Steady ON, Flashing ON or Strobe ON. I have used the Strobe mode exclusively, until this week when I tried the Flashing mode - FLASHING TAKES MORE POWER THAN STROBE, BUT INCREASES VISIBILITY DRAMATICALLY, ESPECIALLY IN DAYLIGHT.

Reactions: dazzypops
You can set the Firehouse for Steady ON, Flashing ON or Strobe ON. I have used the Strobe mode exclusively, until this week when I tried the Flashing mode - FLASHING TAKES MORE POWER THAN STROBE, BUT INCREASES VISIBILITY DRAMATICALLY, ESPECIALLY IN DAYLIGHT.

I tried this last night and it's absolutely true. Interesting, and thanks for the tip.

Reactions: dazzypops
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bant18