DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic air no 5.8g option only 2.4g

I've just updated to the latest firmware and, when I restarted the Air & controller, it had switched to 5.8 automatically (didn't change anything myself) - I was in quite a high interference area. Maybe DJI have improved this??

So the mavic air just landed and was setting up to find that there is no option to select 5.8g on the dji go app. Have tried this on my Samsung tab and iPhone x both with the otg cable plugged in. I live in the UK and would appreciate anyone's advice.
please watch the link to see how to change the frequency

Reactions: BMW Z4
Anyone find a solution? I’m in the US and it doesn’t show the 5Ghz option or channels. Only goes up to channel 10.

I am the same. In the US and no 5Ghz option. Just 10 channels on 2.4. Been trying like crazy to change to 5, but can't get it to change.

I am the same. In the US and no 5Ghz option. Just 10 channels on 2.4. Been trying like crazy to change to 5, but can't get it to change.
I have tried 3 different iPhones, restoring the firmware with DJI asst on Mac for drone and remote. Resetting iPhone network settings. Everything. DJI just says mail us the drone and it will take 4 weeks. I even exchanged it for a new Mavic Air at Best Buy and same thing. I am at my wits end. I know Best Buy will now want a restock fee. :(

I’m having the same issue. I just returned mine to Best Buy and exchanged it for a new one just to get home and find out that the new one is having the same problem. I shouldn’t have to send it to Dji and wait two weeks to get a new one. They should be able to fix this with an update. This is my fourth Mavic Air and the first two did not have this problem. I have refreshed the software multiple times and reinstalled the app and still nothing. When you release a new product it’s supposed to just work. This is BS. Now I will have to pay a restocking fee and not have a drone for our upcoming vacation. When the Evo comes out I think I will be completely done with Dji.

I’m having the same issue. I just returned mine to Best Buy and exchanged it for a new one just to get home and find out that the new one is having the same problem. I shouldn’t have to send it to Dji and wait two weeks to get a new one. They should be able to fix this with an update. This is my fourth Mavic Air and the first two did not have this problem. I have refreshed the software multiple times and reinstalled the app and still nothing. When you release a new product it’s supposed to just work. This is BS. Now I will have to pay a restocking fee and not have a drone for our upcoming vacation. When the Evo comes out I think I will be completely done with Dji.
I’m beyond pissed with this crap.

I'm getting this also . It's only showing channels 2-10 on 2.4ghz?? FW upgrade hasn't fixed the issue . Using latest iOS app

I think these last 2 Mavic airs that I purchased from Best Buy are not set up from the factory to fly in the US. That’s the only thing I can think of. My 2 previous Mavic airs did not have this problem.

Hi everyone, same problem here. Bought my Air from DJI in the US. Can’t select 5.8Ghz. Latest firmware and iOS App on the iPhone X.

Then just do the FCC hack...done.... I know you shouldn't have to do that but it's super easy to do and range will be like it is in the US. Maybe before buying you should have researched it a little better on what Thailand's restrictions were

No, the FCC hack has nothing to do with 5.8Ghz.

Quick update: I went to target and purchased a Samsung galaxy tablet and downloaded the Dji go 4 app. When I connected to the Mavic air it said that I was flying in a different region and prompted me to switch regions. 5.8 was now available on the app. I disconnected the Samsung tablet and connected me iPhone and now 5.8 is available. Problem fixed and will be returning tablet tomorrow. We should not have to do this after buying such an expensive drone. It was driving me crazy so I had to try and it worked so I just wanted to let y’all know how to fix it. Happy flying!

Yep same here. Hooked up my Android phone and was able to get around this issue. Perhaps everyone in the factory think everyone using Android even though it comes ready to fly with iOS??

Try this sequence and report back:
1. Turn on remote control
2. Unlock phone and then plug phone into controller
3. Launch DJI Go app and wait for start screen indicating "RC Connected"
4. Power on Mavic Air
5. Go into WiFi settings
6. Slect "Custom"
7. Scroll to bottom and see if 5.8ghz channels are available

I’m also having this issue. Channels 2-10 are the only ones available. No 5.8 GHz channels show in either auto or custom mode.

Update: I did some research and found that its due to the region not being updated to the US. Most likely (and in my case) due to the DJI GO 4 app on iPhone not getting the GPS location. I connected to my friend’s Android phone and it worked perfectly. Once the WiFi settings were updated for the US with his phone, my 5.8 GHz channels showed up perfectly on my iPhone.

Last edited:
I am having horrible range results with my new Mavic Air, I can't go further than 200 meters. Can't switch to 5.8ghz either, not even manually. I tried iPhone and Android phone, both the same problem. I am wondering if they sent me a defected Mavic Air, because 200m should not happen, not even in the most congested areas.
I just received my Mavic air today and I have the same problem. I am flying in the same area I use to fly my Spark. Spark range 2000mt, Mavic Air 150mt. I also suspect a defected Mavic Air. Have you found any solution ?

I just received my Mavic air today and I have the same problem. I am flying in the same area I use to fly my Spark. Spark range 2000mt, Mavic Air 150mt. I also suspect a defected Mavic Air. Have you found any solution ?

Yes. I posted a solution in post #37 above.

Reactions: Kyle Dias
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78