DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

mavic air or mavic pro 2?

Depends on how loud of an aircraft you want to listen to.
The air make a lot of noise compared to the m2

Reactions: Skywatcher2001
Starz hit it dead on. Also, complex shots require time in the air. MA Pilots biggest gripe (I hear) is the MA is limited in this aspect. With the M2P you get close to 30 min in the air.

For me it would be the Pro with Occusync, not so much for greater distance but a more solid video stream and stable connection less susceptible to interference.

I have an Air with no commercial requirement. If it wasn’t for the cost I’d go for the Occusync. Haven’t done any research because I don’t want to get the bug, but if the Zoom looks like a larger version of the Air with Occusync and zoom lens, that would be my preference.

My wife study’s my expression when talk about other drones. I think she’s convinced I’m breaking her in for a new purchase.

the choice anyone makes on the drone that they purchase should be their own researching the different specs is fine but at the end of the day it depends on how much you can afford to spend and what you want to do with the drone we are all different and one mans or womans meat is another mans or womans poison

before you take the plunge into drone ownership sit down and consider the following
(1) why do you want or need a drone
(2)have you got the time to go flying
(3)what sort of flying do you want to do ie FPV mainly videos or are you into photography this will dictate which sort of drone you purchase
(4) do research what the ongoing costs of drone ownership are and also the rules and regs for successful flight
(5) and finally a decent drone is a considerable investment and remember to factor in the costs of a viewing device and mounts if required filters the list goes on and on

If you decide on the air, I have a Red Mavic Air on ebay, with the meda packet all kinds of extras. I paid 900, and for sale at 750. Take a look. Low fly time of under 20 hrs.

When you look at the feature set the M2P is good value. If you don’t need the features/performance go for the cheaper option.

I'd also consider what monitor you want when doing 107 work. IIRC the Mavic Air will work with a Crystal Sky monitor but not the DJI Smart controller which I think is Occusync only. My 7" ultra bright Crystal Sky is a vast improvement over my phone and a dedicated device is something to consider. Just like having enough flight time, being able to actually to see what you're recording is important especially flying 107 missions where your home point might be less than ideal to operate from.
I fly a MP and love my 7" UB CS monitor combination. Other than the Mavic Pro being dated, it's still a good value as an entry level quad and worth considering. The Mavic Air is more of a travel quad and it fits that category very well.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmo4