DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air or Mavic Pro, Which is better and why?

It depends on your wants and needs. You can compare the specs for both of those drones here.

They are both good. If don't have a Mavic Pro get the Air. If you have a Pro stay with it.

Reactions: Gabo PR
I'm buying for the first time. I got a Pro Alpine White at $ 850 new. I think it was a good purchase

I am outdoors quite a bit, so I wanted the smallest package that I could get that still had a decent camera on it. I was getting ready to spring for the Spark, but hesitated since I wanted something that could reach out just a bit more. When I saw the Air, I knew that it would be perfect for me. I never go for the farthest distance and always keep my drone in sight, or at least seeing distance, so anything more than a couple hundred yards would be wasted on me.

I am pretty much in love with my Air.

Lot's of threads, with answers on this.

Which one is better for me or someone else might not apply to your use at all. The stats on each Mavic tell the story. Shorter range and flight time on the Air. The Air is smaller and has some additional flight modes. The camera quality in the Pro is probably slight better quality but the Air camera has a higher bit rate and frames per second.

I like the Mavic Air but I have three problems with it that make it a non starter.

1) Less Range and it seems to be more susceptible to even the smallest amount of blockage.

2) No LCD readout on the remote. So if my phone loses connection I guess it's RTH and Pray. With my Pro I still know whats going on and even if it is out of sight I can bring her back home without RTH.

3) Less Flight time.

Rob

I've got both Pro and Air.

I've had absolutely zero issues with the Air. From the initial set up to test flight, it was seamless. Upgraded Firmware, first connection, all easy. Every flight has been flawless.

I am always impressed with how quickly it starts and connects to the RC and, unlike my Pro, my phone doesn't lose the connection to the RC.
Strangely, I have had the occasional drop-out with the Pro where the phone has frozen. Never happened yet with the Air.

If I was to choose one, I'd take the Air, no question. I do not need the range or battery advantage that the Pro has and the occusync and screen on the RC are proving to not be missed at all.

The Pro is still great, no doubt, but I just prefer the Air now, it suits my needs better. I am seeing just as good footage from the camera, it flies very well and it is more portable, which I really like.

I'm only keeping the Pro now because I have a friend from overseas visiting in May and it'll be great if we both have a drone to fly while he is here.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming