DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic air out of control

I'm not sure exactly who you mean by "professionals", but I'm quite sure most if not all the experts here--and owners--will disagree with your assertion that the Mavic Air is characteristically unreliable in this way (or any other, for that matter). The MA is a proven aircraft. Failures of the kind and degree you describe are very rare.

You should explain at least some of the "all sorts of" details you mentioned if you think you have a strong case. Bold assertions without evidence are unconvincing.
Professionals are people with experience, of which I have no doubt and respect them for that, I mean it. Regarding the degree of reliability of Mavic Air; I SHARE MY EXPERIENCE, and the experience of my colleagues, and our conclusions after using this device for about 8 months. Guys I’m not trying to convince anyone of anything, and I don’t expect anyone to agree with me or not. Only experience, no more and no less.
After all, as far as I know, based on experience, it is not forbidden to have an opinion? Regardless of whether most agree with it or not.After all, as far as I know, based on experience, it is not forbidden to have an opinion? Regardless of whether most agree with it or not.;)

Professionals are people with experience, of which I have no doubt and respect them for that, I mean it. Regarding the degree of reliability of Mavic Air; I SHARE MY EXPERIENCE, and the experience of my colleagues, and our conclusions after using this device for about 8 months. Guys I’m not trying to convince anyone of anything, and I don’t expect anyone to agree with me or not. Only experience, no more and no less.
After all, as far as I know, based on experience, it is not forbidden to have an opinion? Regardless of whether most agree with it or not.After all, as far as I know, based on experience, it is not forbidden to have an opinion? Regardless of whether most agree with it or not.;)
You can hold any belief you like, but that doesn't make it true.

As has been pointed out, you may have just been unlucky. On the other hand, DJI concluded that your bad experience was a result of pilot error. Without flight logs, we're left to guess, but this story is depressingly familiar.

And we have even less reason to believe your sweeping assertion that the Mavic Air has major flaws in its design and/or manufacturing that make it is unsafe.

So I would kindly ask, again, that you clearly state at least some of the "all sorts of details" you claim even the experts--the ones you hold in high regard--can't deny.

If you please.

Reactions: Mrmund and sar104
Re: reliability of the different models in the Mavic line, and judging by what is posted in these forums, one would be led to believe the MM is super unreliable, the MA is somewhat unreliable and the MPs are the most reliable of the bunch. But, we have to keep in mind that a lot more people afford the MM than the MA and a lot more can afford the MA than the MPs. So, these reports of crashes and other problems could just be a function of just the numbers. Just a thought.

Having said that, I certainly believe there is something wrong with the MM (uncommanded descents) and the MA has a tendency to be a little quirky. I have flown the MA for more than a year and I have had my share of head scratching moments. But I wouldn't call it a flawed product. It is super sturdy and is a great product even with its little annoyances. Mr Mavic may have been just unlucky and got bad egg.

Reactions: Mr Shamrok
I think you were just unlucky. The MA has not shown unusually high incidence of this kind of failure.
Yes, I don’t exclude it. I’m just offended that I paid money for this device (and the price for this device is not small), and after the purchase I flew for the first time only after two weeks, since I studied the instructions for using this device, and then I followed everything instructions, but got a negative experience. And even studying my logs, I still could not find the exact reason. Having contacted DJI with this problem, they asked me to send my Drone to their service, after which I was notified that the Compass board and IMU work with mistakes. Characteristically, this happened from time to time, and I was very worried that at any time I could harm someone or their property. DJI replaced me with a new device, and I decided that I no longer want to deal with this device, and not printing sold it. And I’m no longer sitting in the logs figuring out what the problem is. Now I fly on the Mavic 2 and get pleasure. But I'm not upset that I was dealing with Mavic Air, I got enough experience and made sure that there are much better drones.

Not to cause an argument but the term Professionals usually means someone who's getting paid for what they do, doesn't necessarily mean they have experience in what they are doing. The term Expert in there field would mean to me that they have experience. Just sayin.

You can hold any belief you like, but that doesn't make it true.

As has been pointed out, you may have just been unlucky. On the other hand, DJI concluded that your bad experience was a result of pilot error. Without flight logs, we're left to guess, but this story is depressingly familiar.

And we have even less reason to believe your sweeping assertion that the Mavic Air has major flaws in its design and/or manufacturing that make it is unsafe.

So I would kindly ask, again, that you clearly state at least some of the "all sorts of details" you claim even the experts--the ones you hold in high regard--can't deny.

If you please.
Having contacted DJI with this problem, they asked me to send my Drone to their service, after which I was notified that the Compass board and IMU work with mistakes.(DJI never concluded that my bad experience was a result of pilot error).Characteristically, this happened from time to time, and I was very worried that at any time I could harm someone or their property. DJI replaced me for free with a new device, and I decided that I no longer want to deal with this device, and not printing sold it.
I have nothing to add since it was a year ago, so I did not save the logs on MavicAir since I closed this Case. I can’t understand you, since you are questioning my experience. And I'm just trying to warn other pilots that this problem has a place to be, and that they would not harm themselves or others while operating this device. (Maybe you want to say that I am doing wrong?) As for the statistics of such cases, I want to tell you that they are enough to worry. It's just that you most likely did not come across this, and accordingly did not monitor this topic.
Or do you think that when your drone is not manageable and these are just a few cases, then you should not pay special attention to this?
Then maybe the Boeing company should also not pay attention to its devices when one plane crashed? "He was just unlucky."
The topic is closed.
Have a nice flight.

Reactions: dronepilotbob
DJI replaced me for free with a new device, and I decided that I no longer want to deal with this device, and not printing sold it.

I’m in the same camp. Got the Air brand new, it forced me to do compass recalibration whenever I was out of my area, etc. Then I had a similar incident as the OP. Only drone I ever crashed. Got the replacement and sold it. Never looked back. I can’t prove anything but based on the Air I had (maybe a lemon), there were few very unusual flights when I compare it to all the other DJI drones I owned and flew.

I’m in the same camp. Got the Air brand new, it forced me to do compass recalibration whenever I was out of my area, etc. Then I had a similar incident as the OP. Only drone I ever crashed. Got the replacement and sold it. Never looked back. I can’t prove anything but based on the Air I had (maybe a lemon), there were few very unusual flights when I compare it to all the other DJI drones I owned and flew.
I am very sorry that you broke your drone. Yes, it is, every time you change the position, you need to calibrate the compass, and that's normal. I was luckier, my drone never crashed, and I managed to get it back to the take-off place, and that's due to the altitude being more than 50 meters, and only after pressing Return Home the drone became more stable. I returned the drone to DJI without a single scratch, and they replaced it with me indicating that there were problems with the compass board and IMU, but not the pilot’s error.

Reactions: dronepilotbob

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charliesunique