DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air Owners; Leg Savers/extenders for your Air!

Former Member

Reactions
Mavic Air owners, did you know that if you break one of your color coded front folding legs on your Mavic Air, you will need to replace the whole arm? I have replaced scores of them, and it seems ridiculous to have to replace the whole arm just because the color coded leg broke. Even if you found a replacement part, you cant install it because of the internal spring built in to the leg.

I have found an answer. These Leg Savers will prevent the Mavic Air leg from getting broken in the first place. They displace the weight and fracture point further up the arm, so that theres nothing left to break. They slip on and off effortlessly but also stay where you put them.

Everything is printed by me, here in the USA.

They are available in red, white, and blue (just like the Star Spangled Banner). Price for one set of front and rears is $12 shipped Paypal USA.

If you like this idea or thread, please click "like" at the bottom.

P.S. if you would like to print them yourself, let me know and I will send you the print files, but might take a few days.

33ae124ad47cbcc011560790ea03d580_preview_featured.jpg

Last edited:
That's not a bad idea. Thank you for being so generous in offering to share the print file - may I please have that when you get time? I'd really like to give them a try and am very pleased at not having to worry about international shipping.

(You're sending me a file so I can duplicate what you've got from the other side of the planet, to enhance my stabilised flying camera. We're living in the future!)

Mavic Air owners, did you know that if you break one of your color coded front folding legs on your Mavic Air, you will need to replace the whole arm? I have replaced scores of them, and it seems ridiculous to have to replace the whole arm just because the color coded leg broke. Even if you found a replacement part, you cant install it because of the internal spring built in to the leg.
What are some of the reasons why people have had the legs broken? Having spent hard-earned cash on the purchase I'm careful about my flights and will stop and pause before directing the drone to move rather than keep moving. I'm concerned about the number of "falls out of the sky" so have been even more careful with pre-flights and choice of whether to fly or not.

What are some of the reasons why people have had the legs broken? Having spent hard-earned cash on the purchase I'm careful about my flights and will stop and pause before directing the drone to move rather than keep moving. I'm concerned about the number of "falls out of the sky" so have been even more careful with pre-flights and choice of whether to fly or not.

Mostly due to hard landings, where 1 leg would break. Once the leg gets hit hard, it will bend backwards and snap.

I thought I saw somewhere that the antennae are actually in the legs, so that's perhaps why the whole arm needs replacing? My MA fly more came with these and I still have them in my flight bag, but ever since I started hand catching, I don't really need them any more. That said, these legs you have look SWEET!

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum

I have found an answer. These Leg Savers will prevent the Mavic Air leg from getting broken in the first place. They displace the weight and fracture point further up the arm, so that theres nothing left to break. They slip on and off effortlessly but also stay where you put them.

Everything is printed by me, here in the USA.

They are available in red, white, and blue (just like the Star Spangled Banner). Price for one set of front and rears is $12 shipped Paypal USA.

If you like this idea or thread, please click "like" at the bottom.

P.S. if you would like to print them yourself, let me know and I will send you the print files, but might take a few days.

View attachment 64738
Please send me the files. I've never printed anything and would love to try to do so. Thanks.

I would appreciate the print file. It’s so nice to have so many drone operators be ‘open source’ to help others. I’m a teacher and would love to show students the results and to inspire them to share openly as well.

Reactions: Smalls
In support of what Thunderdrones is offering, we acquired a set of Leg Extenders that came with the Flotation Pkge we bought.

They have been an absolute blessing for this 76 yr old with severe Arthritic problems, PLUS almost always when we land in Grass areas the Extenders keep our Props above it.

They stay on our Air FULL TIME, with zero issues such as Weight, Flight Time, etc.

T-Drones' version also looks more substantial, in our opinion.

Rgds, NAVMAV

I always use the RTH feature when landing, so no crash landings for me so far. It works great. But remember that any addition to the drone adds to the weight, hence its overall range. Even plastic leg extenders or lens covers etc.

Could you please send me a copy of the file also? It will give me a reason to try my 3d printer for something useful. Not to mention the paranoia now that there's something else that could break.

As I am in the UK, could I have a copy of that file too, please? I bought a very similar looking set off of Amazon a while back and use them frequently; I would love to compare the two.

Reactions: Former Member
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13