DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air problem with Assistant 2

Hello again

I Have another computer but it is xp assistant 2 does not work with it.
I notice you are connected through another port to mine with USB.
I will have to find another laptop or computer to test it on.
By the way what date was on the box for your mavic and purchased.
My purchase was end of Nov 18
Mavic date was 5/2018
Controller date 10/2018
Controller was replaced due to a mechanical fault Feb19.

Will get back
Thanks
Hello NZmxer

As you indicated Com &LPT port I investigated that port and opened to find that was the fault altered and reset now Mavic air and controller being detected.
Opened the mavic air to find not much in the Assistant 2 was expecting more detail and info that the App does not give you. This is a year later!
Well the time and bother getting connected may well be worth doing.
More grey hairs!

Hope your mavic is still flying

Thanks for your time

Brian
Bonnie Scotland

Hello again

I Have another computer but it is xp assistant 2 does not work with it.
I notice you are connected through another port to mine with USB.
I will have to find another laptop or computer to test it on.
By the way what date was on the box for your mavic and purchased.
My purchase was end of Nov 18
Mavic date was 5/2018
Controller date 10/2018
Controller was replaced due to a mechanical fault Feb19.

Will get back
Thanks
I sent A REPLY but do not see message
Well again thanks for your input and just to say all is well now with detection on Assistant 2

Regards

I am using Windows 10 and can connect the Mavic Air no problems but cannot connect the RC. Seems to be a driver issue. What version of Assistant 2 are you runni
I am using Windows 10 and can connect the Mavic Air no problems but cannot connect the RC. Seems to be a driver issue. What version of Assistant 2 are you running?
I am back again

Assistant 2
Did you manage to connect your controller yet I know you are using windows 10.
You know I sent you the attachment of device manager showing the port I was connected to well that port I opened up and right clicked and checked the drivers for update, maybe your driver needs updated
Remember my controller worked fine on assistant 2 on that usb port but my mavic would not connect.
My trouble with mavic was on the coms port.

You probably have checked the drivers on that port worth a try
1422bas

I am back again

Assistant 2
Did you manage to connect your controller yet I know you are using windows 10.
You know I sent you the attachment of device manager showing the port I was connected to well that port I opened up and right clicked and checked the drivers for update, maybe your driver needs updated
Remember my controller worked fine on assistant 2 on that usb port but my mavic would not connect.
My trouble with mavic was on the coms port.

You probably have checked the drivers on that port worth a try
1422bas
Hey 1422bas

Thanks for reminding me to look into this. I started to delve into this issue when it first happened but never resolved it. Unresolved faults bug me (i work in electronic access control and security as a technical solutions presale engineer) so i need to get this fixed!

My drivers would connect then 10 sec later windows would reject them and disconnect. an endless loop of connecting and disconnecting.

So after your message above I delved back into lengthy google searching. It seems lots of people found resolve when installing and older version 1.0.7 of DJI Assistant 2. But these are forums from 2018

Every link I found for DJI Assistant 2 1.0.7 was dead.

I then found someone suggesting to download the DJI Flight simulator. and hey presto is works!

So basically DJI Assistant 2 1.2.5 is labelled as (Updates Discontinued) so they have stopped updating drivers for Win 10. but flight simulator being a paid piece software is up to date.

So for anyone experiencing this RC not connecting on Windows 10 issue, Just download this

dji.com/nz/simulator/info#downloads

it installs a launcher first, which actually contains the drivers. Then you can log in and download a free trial version if you want too, not necessary for the fix but I'm going to have a play.

Hey 1422bas

Thanks for reminding me to look into this. I started to delve into this issue when it first happened but never resolved it. Unresolved faults bug me (i work in electronic access control and security as a technical solutions presale engineer) so i need to get this fixed!

My drivers would connect then 10 sec later windows would reject them and disconnect. an endless loop of connecting and disconnecting.

So after your message above I delved back into lengthy google searching. It seems lots of people found resolve when installing and older version 1.0.7 of DJI Assistant 2. But these are forums from 2018

Every link I found for DJI Assistant 2 1.0.7 was dead.

I then found someone suggesting to download the DJI Flight simulator. and hey presto is works!

So basically DJI Assistant 2 1.2.5 is labelled as (Updates Discontinued) so they have stopped updating drivers for Win 10. but flight simulator being a paid piece software is up to date.

So for anyone experiencing this RC not connecting on Windows 10 issue, Just download this

dji.com/nz/simulator/info#downloads

it installs a launcher first, which actually contains the drivers. Then you can log in and download a free trial version if you want too, not necessary for the fix but I'm going to have a play.

Hello again

DJI gave me this attachment when I had my problem

It has drivers for 7 up to 10
Don't know if it helped cure my fault at the time or contributed

mail

Christian D (DJI Support)

1月5日 CST00:18

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.

We appreciate your time and effort bringing your concern to us and we really apologize for the inconvenience it has caused you. Rest assured that I will help you resolve your concern.

Please download this file and put it into C: \ WINDOWS \ system32 \ drivers, and then reinstall the driver.

If you need further assistance in the future, please feel free to contact us again. Have a great day!

Thank you for choosing DJI products.
Best regards,
Christian
DJI Technical Support
YouTube: DJI Tutorials

Attachments

• usbser-en (1).zip
    47.1 KB · Views: 5
Hello again

DJI gave me this attachment when I had my problem

It has drivers for 7 up to 10
Don't know if it helped cure my fault at the time or contributed

mail

Christian D (DJI Support)

1月5日 CST00:18

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.

We appreciate your time and effort bringing your concern to us and we really apologize for the inconvenience it has caused you. Rest assured that I will help you resolve your concern.

Please download this file and put it into C: \ WINDOWS \ system32 \ drivers, and then reinstall the driver.

If you need further assistance in the future, please feel free to contact us again. Have a great day!

Thank you for choosing DJI products.
Best regards,
Christian
DJI Technical Support
YouTube: DJI Tutorials
Hi again

You would be best not using the attachment I sent I was just showing you what DJI sent me!

Regards

1422bas

I am using Windows 7 Home Premium and Assistant 2, my connections with MA and controller both ok. Be patient when installing drivers, at first looks like device is not identified (MA) but let it go until all other components are done, that's because MA is not controlled directly by the computer but through Assistant 2, hope it helps. For sure I can say Assistant 2 works with Windows 7.
Hello
Just to say my mavic air and controller are working now on Assistant 2

Thanks

1422bas

Reactions: Franco7
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members