DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air problem with Assistant 2

1422bas

Reactions
Hello
Has anybody been able to connect a mavic air to Assistant 2 .
Assistant 2 is unable to display,my controller no problem and I am using windows 7.
Would be pleased to here your comments

I have no issues connecting my MA with Assistant 2 using windows 10. Don't know about windows 7 but I can't imagine it would be different. What are you trying to do with Assistant 2?

Hello
Assistant 2 is unable to display,my controller no problem and I am using windows 7.

I am using Windows 10 and can connect the Mavic Air no problems but cannot connect the RC. Seems to be a driver issue. What version of Assistant 2 are you running?

I have no issues connecting my MA with Assistant 2 using windows 10. Don't know about windows 7 but I can't imagine it would be different. What are you trying to do with Assistant 2?
Doppler can you can connect your RC using windows 10?

I have both versions of Assistant 2 (v1.2.5 for firmware updates etc, and v1.1.2 for editing flight parameters) installed on two separate laptops running Windows 10. I just checked and I can connect my MA to both versions of Assistant 2 no problems.

@1422bas are you powering on the MA before you connect to your PC?

I have both versions of Assistant 2 (v1.2.5 for firmware updates etc, and v1.1.2 for editing flight parameters) installed on two separate laptops running Windows 10. I just checked and I can connect my MA to both versions of Assistant 2 no problems.

@1422bas are you powering on the MA before you connect to your PC?
yes.
Thanks for looking maybe I will try it on a windows 10 just to verify if it is my laptop windows 7 . Controller works no problem on assistant 2

Hello
I am using Windows 7 Home Premium and Assistant 2, my connections with MA and controller both ok. Be patient when installing drivers, at first looks like device is not identified (MA) but let it go until all other components are done, that's because MA is not controlled directly by the computer but through Assistant 2, hope it helps. For sure I can say Assistant 2 works with Windows 7.

Reactions: 1422bas
I am using Windows 7 Home Premium and Assistant 2, my connections with MA and controller both ok. Be patient when installing drivers, at first looks like device is not identified (MA) but let it go until all other components are done, that's because MA is not controlled directly by the computer but through Assistant 2, hope it helps. For sure I can say Assistant 2 works with Windows 7.
Hi

Okay will try, I have already tried leaving it for 5min before and still did not connect.
I do not want the mavic overheating on hardwear when idle .
Controller fires in straight away

Hi

Okay will try, I have already tried leaving it for 5min before and still did not connect.
I do not want the mavic overheating on hardwear when idle .
Controller fires in straight away
It shouldn't overheat as it has it's own fan.

While connected check what's happening in windows device manager. Is there and unknown device with exclamation mark?

It shouldn't overheat as it has it's own fan.

While connected check what's happening in windows device manager. Is there and unknown device with exclamation mark?
No

USB port detecting as in photo for mavic air

Attachments

• Mavic Air connected port.png
    Mavic Air connected port.png
    215.5 KB · Views: 20
No

USB port detecting as in photo for mavic air

Ok, I cant recall if that is the correct driver. I am currently at work but will plug mine in when I get home and compare.

Unless someone else confirm his MA is using the correct driver?

Hey 1422bas

Mine also comes up as a usb to serial device, it appears your one is too so im a bit stumped. have you tried a different PC?

View attachment 90748
Hello again

I Have another computer but it is xp assistant 2 does not work with it.
I notice you are connected through another port to mine with USB.
I will have to find another laptop or computer to test it on.
By the way what date was on the box for your mavic and purchased.
My purchase was end of Nov 18
Mavic date was 5/2018
Controller date 10/2018
Controller was replaced due to a mechanical fault Feb19.

Will get back
Thanks

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan