DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

mavic air signal issues

phantom flyer

Reactions
hi can any body help me with mavic air signal issues.when turning the aircraft on and the rc on, the aircraft connects to the rc for one minute only then disconnects,i try again to pair them with no luck....the aircraft & rc will only link together if i leave them over night they link for one minute only...i have tried everything i can think of.eg compass calibration,imu calibration,watched youtube vids, dji vids, up dated aircraft firmware,updated rc firmware...bought this mavic air 22/8/2019 sent 5 emails to dji suport no reply..tried phoning dji cannot get through number dead..its not as though a am new to drones i have had them for years.bought phantom standard,spark,mavic 2 pro,all good no issues, but this mavic air is doing my box in.. any help would be appreciated thanks.

The same thing happened to me and I did two things and it seems to be working just fine now.

First, I put my android phone (Pixel 2 XL) into USB debugging mode
*Turn on developer Mode*
Then find the option to enable USB debugging mode

Second, I was using a crappy USB-C cable and switched to the USB-C cable that came with my pixel phone.
Don't know if it matters but the USB connection side was the BLUE kind like in the picture

I also uninstalled the app and reinstalled it again.

I have not run into the issue again after doing these 2 things.

Also, I turn on my MA then my controller, then I connect the controller to my phone via the USB port on the bottom of the controller. When I do that my phone makes 2 beeping notifications, on the second notification it will ask me which APP I would like to open using this USB connection, then I select the DJI GO 4 app and it will launch the app from there and connect my phone to the controller. It no longer disconnects after a minute.

I hope this helps, I was at my wits end trying to figure this out.

Attachments

• 3-foot-usb-3-0-usb-3-1-gen-1-type-c-male-to-type-a-male-cable-5gbps-2a-4.png
    3-foot-usb-3-0-usb-3-1-gen-1-type-c-male-to-type-a-male-cable-5gbps-2a-4.png
    30.3 KB · Views: 12
thanks for reply mokitdown..i have borrowed a mavic air off a friend...my rc will link and fly his mavic air..his rc will not link with my mavic air..so thats telling me that there is issues with my aircraft...finally got intouch with dji and the mavic air is on its way to nuth netherlands...sent 4th/5th /2020..i will post what they have diagnosed,if they have fixed the aircraft,if they charge me for fixing the aircraft,bear in mind i bought the mavic air.. 22nd/8th 2019..still under guarantee...and how long it takes the aircraft to get back to me ..thanks again.

Well, I hope your MA gets fixed up soon! I do remember that after I did all those things when it connected again there was a pending update to the firmware, so it might have been that too. I'm interested what the issue was in case it happens to me again.

hi mokitdown,dji emailed me this morning 12th/5th 2020.saying there is a defect with the aircrafts core board and they are fixing it free of charge as it is still under warranty..if it was out of warranty the repair cost would have been 299 euroes..they say give them 2 working days to fix the aircraft and they will return it to me...i will post when i recieve it and if everythings ok with it.

sent mavic air to dji netherlands nuth 4th/05/20.for connection & signal issues,this drone had 3 months left on 1 years warranty( NOT CARE REFRESH )they said it had a core board defect,i received a brand new drone back 21st/05/20. 17 days from sending the drone to receiving the new drone back.cost to me NOTHING.
i give dji support 5 stars, thankyou.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jlhdez