DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

mavic air signal loss

DJPedram

Reactions
have you experienced signal loss on your mavic air in busy city? if so how often??

Hi guys. My drone is Mavic air. I have problem with signal loss after about 100 m distance. At first i'm loosing video signal, but still can controll the aircraft by RC. If i keep flying further - i'm loosing controll and RTH feature start returning drone to Home Point. It happens almost every flight. I was trying different areas and countries, but it always same (last time it was in Bali, Indonesia). I was trying to use FakeGPS and set up USA area, for enablong FCC, i was trying use manual frequency change, but no luck. I want to try to downgrade drivers on drone and RC, will see how it will go.
Wish you all best flying.

Hi guys. My drone is Mavic air. I have problem with signal loss after about 100 m distance. At first i'm loosing video signal, but still can controll the aircraft by RC. If i keep flying further - i'm loosing controll and RTH feature start returning drone to Home Point. It happens almost every flight. I was trying different areas and countries, but it always same (last time it was in Bali, Indonesia). I was trying to use FakeGPS and set up USA area, for enablong FCC, i was trying use manual frequency change, but no luck. I want to try to downgrade drivers on drone and RC, will see how it will go.
Wish you all best flying.

How did you made the update? via Go4 app or via PC update?

How did you made the update? via Go4 app or via PC update?
At first i did the update using Go4 app in iPhone. But then installed DJI Assistant 2, rolled back drivers on drone and RC, and then installed the latest drivers back (drone and RC), using DJI Assistant 2. But nothing was changed...

At first i did the update using Go4 app in iPhone. But then installed DJI Assistant 2, rolled back drivers on drone and RC, and then installed the latest drivers back (drone and RC), using DJI Assistant 2. But nothing was changed...

still experiencing the same issue?

still experiencing the same issue?
Unfortunately yes... Few days ago new Mavic Air drivers were released and i was able to update my Mavic using DJI Assistant. But still the same result - loosing Signal when height is more than 250 meters, and distance 300-500 meters. RTH feature starts... Don't know what to do. Maybe will wait till next Mavic Pro release and sell my Mavic Air.

You must avoid any obstacle - for example if you got trees or even worse building that is between your drone and controller than you will lose signal but if you have clear sight than you should be free at least 500m in distance ofc in FCC mode - yesterday I tested my MA for 1km distance and MA did it like a champ ( no signal loss, no weak signal, no problem ) but it was on outskirts of town in big abandon hospital on the edge of the city ( many metal construction but not many wi-fi around )..

Unfortunately yes... Few days ago new Mavic Air drivers were released and i was able to update my Mavic using DJI Assistant. But still the same result - loosing Signal when height is more than 250 meters, and distance 300-500 meters. RTH feature starts... Don't know what to do. Maybe will wait till next Mavic Pro release and sell my Mavic Air.

Try reinstalling the firmware.

You must avoid any obstacle - for example if you got trees or even worse building that is between your drone and controller than you will lose signal but if you have clear sight than you should be free at least 500m in distance ofc in FCC mode - yesterday I tested my MA for 1km distance and MA did it like a champ ( no signal loss, no weak signal, no problem ) but it was on outskirts of town in big abandon hospital on the edge of the city ( many metal construction but not many wi-fi around )..
Thank you. I was testing it on Bali, on a beach, without anything between me and drone. Then tested on a big field (in Ukraine), also without building and trees at all, but the result was the same - loosing video signal at about 300-500m, then loosing control and RTH starts...

Thank you. I was testing it on Bali, on a beach, without anything between me and drone. Then tested in big field, also without building and trees at all, but the result was the same - loosing video signal, then loosing control and RTH starts...

Than you have a problem, try to reinstall driver on MA and djigo4 - after last fw update and djigo4 update my MA works very good (ofc under FCC nor under CA ) - no more 2-3 signal lost every flight and so on, now I go without fear,, so try to reinstall, put your antena full up and always put your controller toward drone ( like a remote on tv )
If nothing help you than try to contact dji or shop and ask for change of fault drone :(

Hi guys! It looks like i resolved my issue. I reinstalled all drivers again (MA and RC), and reinstalled DJI GO 4 app on my iPhone 6s (i did this first time). I don't know what was the issue, but i was able to fly on distance more than 1000 meters without any video signal problems (see screenshot). Last time when i was flying here i got max 500 m till all signals were lost and RTH start... Thank you all for help! Best fly!pimgpsh_fullsize_distr.jpg

Reactions: Robothamster
On my Android I was getting a bunch of signal loss within the app. I ended up downgrading the app to an earlier version 4.2.8 and that seems to have fixed a lot of the issues. The latest version of the app is horrible. It would even randomly disconnect with my Mavic Pro.

I have a Phantom 4 Pro with absolutely perfect results, I purchased the Mavic Air yesterday as a travel drone and it is horrible! I take off and get no more that 3 meters off the ground and it loses signal. I have reinstalled firmware, used three different devices, changed channels to custom and used nearly every channel available with the exact same result. I will be calling DJI tomorrow as they are not available here in the US on Sunday. Very frustrated with this product!

Hi guys! It looks like i resolved my issue. I reinstalled all drivers again (MA and RC), and reinstalled DJI GO 4 app on my iPhone 6s (i did this first time). I don't know what was the issue, but i was able to fly on distance more than 1000 meters without any video signal problems (see screenshot). Last time when i was flying here i got max 500 m till all signals were lost and RTH start... Thank you all for help! Best fly!View attachment 37675

I have done that also with no resolution, I am certain the issue is in the APP but I'm not sure how to fix it. I have removed and reinstalled the APP on three different devices with the same result. I also reset to factory settings and reinstalled firmware using DJI Assistant.

I have a Phantom 4 Pro with absolutely perfect results, I purchased the Mavic Air yesterday as a travel drone and it is horrible! I take off and get no more that 3 meters off the ground and it loses signal. I have reinstalled firmware, used three different devices, changed channels to custom and used nearly every channel available with the exact same result. I will be calling DJI tomorrow as they are not available here in the US on Sunday. Very frustrated with this product!

You obviously bought a duff one because that is in no way typical of an Air, especially in FCC mode.

37942475_10214114960882796_8598672294941818880_n.png
You obviously bought a duff one because that is in no way typical of an Air, especially in FCC mode.

There was nothing within 100 yards of me, I was in the middle of a field in the country. No reason at all for interference

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crazy007