DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air slow rotation

AMRE2ME2

Reactions
Have a slow rotation to the right while hovering. Never been crashed, all software up to date. Calibrated the sticks and icu. Any ideas?

Last edited:
And if you bump the stick to the left a bit, does it stop the process?

Try a recalibration of the Tx sticks. I have similar issue. It prevents 360 pano shots because it says the drone is moving.

All yaw movements are made by rudder stick inputs according to the log ... either by you accidentally or by phantom inputs ... stick not returning to zero. Have circled some instances with suspect rudder inputs that can be coming from these phantom inputs. It's not a new phenomenon ... it's pretty common that phantom rudder inputs are made when +/- throttle are applied, no throttle together with phantom rudder in your case though ...

1590939299769.png

First try a stick calibration ... (you can easily see the phantom rudder there if it is any). If that doesn't solve the issue, I'm afraid you need to clean the stick components according to the attached clip, I've done it on my own MA1 remote & it solved the issue ... a pain to break the remote apart though :rolleyes:

1590939510444.png

Reactions: sar104
Thanks. I’ve tried the Tx stick recalibration a dozen times. During this flight, the drone had a slow rotation to the right. (It’s never had a rotation to the left). While it was slowly rotating to the left, i made a couple of corrections with the stick, but it would return to the rotation.

Last edited:
Thanks. I’ve tried the Tx stick recalibration a dozen times. During this flight, the drone had a slow rotation to the right. (It’s never had a rotation to the left). While it was slowly rotating to the left, i made a couple of corrections with the stick, but it would return to the rotation.

Those definitely look like spurious stick inputs - it's very clear from 50 - 70 seconds. Unless you have some magnetic interference, such a magnetic USB connector in the micro USB socket, then unfortunately that's a faulty RC stick module.

Yaw.png

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada