DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air & Son

mmlaverman

Reactions
The Mavic Air was the first drone purchase I made after careful and detailed research. I sold my wife on the cost as a great opportunity to do something unique with our 10 year old son outside and hopefully teach him a thing or two about being responsible with technology. Approx. 10 months later the purchase of the drone has been one of my best decisions ever. We live in South Dakota so the opportunities to fly and teach my son are endless being so rural. We are very fortunate that farmers/ranchers generally see the benefits of drone pictures and videos, so in a vast number of situations we are welcome over property (I always get permission first).

Below are a two pictures from thousands we have taken together around South Dakota and Iowa. I understand I sound like an advertisement for DJI but for anyone on the fence over the cost of a drone and looking to fly as a way to spend time with family, I cannot recommend enough!

There continues to be negative views of drones, etc. so I thought this would be a great opportunity to share my positive experience. The memories so far from flying the Mavic Air with my son have been priceless. Our next DJI purchase looks like the Robomaster S1 Robot!

881CD4E5-AF3B-4067-B19D-EDD09E6D2740.jpgImage.jpg

I enjoyed reading your post. This is a great hobby with lots of potential. Your son is benefitting from your mentoring and what great way to spend time.

Thank you for your photos. The view from up there is amazing.

Reactions: old man mavic
great post and something that we as drone fliers can fully understand, it is a great pastime and you really can see the world from a new perspective, i am sure in the fullness of time when all the anti drone histerier has died down and it will ,then people will be more acceptive of their potential value.

The Mavic Air was the first drone purchase I made after careful and detailed research. I sold my wife on the cost as a great opportunity to do something unique with our 10 year old son outside and hopefully teach him a thing or two about being responsible with technology. Approx. 10 months later the purchase of the drone has been one of my best decisions ever. We live in South Dakota so the opportunities to fly and teach my son are endless being so rural. We are very fortunate that farmers/ranchers generally see the benefits of drone pictures and videos, so in a vast number of situations we are welcome over property (I always get permission first).

Below are a two pictures from thousands we have taken together around South Dakota and Iowa. I understand I sound like an advertisement for DJI but for anyone on the fence over the cost of a drone and looking to fly as a way to spend time with family, I cannot recommend enough!

There continues to be negative views of drones, etc. so I thought this would be a great opportunity to share my positive experience. The memories so far from flying the Mavic Air with my son have been priceless. Our next DJI purchase looks like the Robomaster S1 Robot!

View attachment 82408View attachment 82409
Firstly, a huge thank you because, as you say, we rarely hear good stories like yours yet it's why a huge number of us came into the hobby.

I also have done my bit for my community by surveying the gutters and giving aerial photos of my neighbours properties. Permission is vitally important in the UK because our authorities keep us 150m (164yds) away from properties and people where anyone lives.
Needless to say, my neighbours were delighted with the results because unscrupulous characters are always offering to go up on their ladders for a small fee, yet when they asked me, I did for free and threw in an aerial photo too.

Last edited:
Reactions: koopyetz

View attachment 82408View attachment 82409

Great story, i’ve Taken my nephews out with this and they love it. Should be put out there in the public as a good news story. Enjoy

Thank you for expressing this positive message. Your son will develop skill, confidence, and surely stunning aerial photography. It's sophisticated technology, so your guidance is a key for his success. Huzzah!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard