DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

mavic air still no live video downlinked to tablet

Reactions
from the get go there has never been live video. have installed latest firmware, latest dji go 4. camera will take snap shots and you can review the snapshots on the tab display but there is no live video. you have to judge the snapshot to be taken from observing the drone position and the gimble position. fpv obviously not possible..

is it time to ditch the dang thing and send it back to dji ? anybody know the exact address etc for returning the unit for repair or replacement

otherwise ! , the drone performs well

would appreciate any ideas as to the next steps to take.

that old guy cal

It would help to know what tablet you are using, but . . .
  • Unplug the side cable and use your tablet USB data cable
  • Run your tablet in airplane mode
  • Turn off all other apps
  • Clean up your tablet RAM
  • Turn off caching to your tablet
There may be more you can try but tablet specifics are needed. You could also try a faster micro SD card for your Air. There have been some posts reporting that a slow or faulty SD card caused similar problems.

from an old mossback to another thanks for your commentary but you are dealing with a beginner here and an OLD one to boot.

tablet is a samsung galaxy tab elite. have been operating from the usb port on the bottom of the rc. don't know what airplane mode means or how to select it, or how to turn off apps or how to clean up the ram or turn off the caching.

best thing i can do is to remove the sd card that came with the mavic air. my old phamtom 3 years ago displayed live video from the power up and i was able to fly fpv quite easily. not so with this latest new mavic air.

thanks again

from an old mossback to another thanks for your commentary but you are dealing with a beginner here and an OLD one to boot.

tablet is a samsung galaxy tab elite. have been operating from the usb port on the bottom of the rc. don't know what airplane mode means or how to select it, or how to turn off apps or how to clean up the ram or turn off the caching.

best thing i can do is to remove the sd card that came with the mavic air. my old phamtom 3 years ago displayed live video from the power up and i was able to fly fpv quite easily. not so with this latest new mavic air.

thanks again

I believe that Tablet is much too slow to be running DJI GO 4. I double checked the specs and we also have one in the family that the kids use. The specs are unfortunately very weak and I suspect that is your issue. Do you have a smartphone you can try it with instead? I don't think anything is wrong with your drone - I think you will find if you use a faster device, it will work just fine.

Also if your age is listed correctly and you are actually 91, my hat goes off to you sir Thumbswayup I hope I am able to continue my hobbies when I am your age.

ok canadadrone, i will see if my lady friend in nyc has a fast smart phone or similar. we don't have those devices here in the mountains. i really prefer a tablet, again it's bigger and i can see the display easier so i will search for a fast tab. any one in particular ? will be 92 in december and my flying now has to be restricted to fpv with a drone and the bigger the display the better. thanks for the info

the old guy cal

Reactions: CanadaDrone
Most of the iPad Mini's work well (generation 2 and above), the full sized iPads work well (Air 2 and newer), any iPhone 6S or newer, and any Samsung Galaxy S6 or newer. Many of these devices can be had for quite cheap on the used market. Note that with the larger tablets you will need a mount for it, such as the Mavmount.

DJI also provides a list of approved devices here:

DJI Mavic Air – Specs, Tutorials & Guides – DJI

Scroll down to just above the "Manuals" Section and you will see device compatibility for Apple and Android highlighted in red.

canadadrone, many thanks for the info. as i said, i will search for a compatible tablet. i already have a mount for my incompatible samsung galaxy . specifically to educate this newby, what parameter of speed in handling video from the mavic air camera should i be looking for to equal or exceed ? have made copy of the specs as you suggested .

again , many thanks, you have been a great help to this old guy cal.

@calvin c smith
The one constant about Android problems is, there is always some unexpected user manipulation to get them to work, and that varies by manufacturer. Here is a fix that helped someone else with similar android trouble:

In developer settings,

USB debugging - on;
always promt when connecting… - off;
Allow ADB debugging…- on;
Select USB Configuration - USB Ethernet

@calvin c smith
The one constant about Android problems is, there is always some unexpected user manipulation to get them to work, and that varies by manufacturer. Here is a fix that helped someone else with similar android trouble:

In developer settings,

USB debugging - on;
always promt when connecting… - off;
Allow ADB debugging…- on;
Select USB Configuration - USB Ethernet

Many android devices work without doing this, but that is indeed a troubleshooting step if it does not work right away. All of my android devices work "plug & play".

Many android devices work without doing this, but that is indeed a troubleshooting step if it does not work right away. All of my android devices work "plug & play".
Some do, some dont. And what I posted is far from a complete list of android trouble shooting for the ones that dont.

Reactions: rickw
I'm still having this same problem. It isn't the Tablet (Lenovo) as it worked fine for months. I've downgraded the firmware, reinstalled the app. but no luck. Have to fly blind.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure