DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air took off by itself ascended to 400m and then crashed - no input

amazing thread!

Shoutout to all the members & @sar104 with his code reading skills for helping the OP regarding his issue. Classic example of what a wonderful haven this place is for all of us dronies. Not too often have I seen a mishap were it was not pilot error and DJI actually backed it up (with some elbow grease) happy your airborne again. Word of advise @Phil Collins please try to limit your flight distance under 2 million ft and try to keep your airspeed under 200 mph ;-)

amazing thread!

Shoutout to all the members & @sar104 with his code reading skills for helping the OP regarding his issue. Classic example of what a wonderful haven this place is for all of us dronies. Not too often have I seen a mishap were it was not pilot error and DJI actually backed it up (with some elbow grease) happy your airborne again. Word of advise @Phil Collins please try to limit your flight distance under 2 million ft and try to keep your airspeed under 200 mph ;-)

I second that! Thumbswayup[emoji1303][emoji16]

Reactions: Thomas B and DDS
Glad they eventually came to the conclusion it was their fault. Amazing it took them so long, as they anticipated they would remove the useless flight simulator recently, meaning they might have already come to the conclusion that it was buggy (or buggier than the rest of their software).
However, as I first started reading the first post, the first thing that came to my mind is that the app should have told you not to start the drone simulation with propellers on... that doesn't justify the drone doing its thing, but it wasn't a good idea.
No aspersion on OP. I just had this thought ...bet this type of thing is why the simulator is no longer available

I think they removed the simulator more to reduce size and complexity of the Go app. Probably in anticipation of LAANC integration.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242