DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air transit through Turkey

Rampage

Reactions
Hi all, I know it is a topic already discussed but unfortunately I haven't found a definitive answer.

I am flying from Germany to Manila in January next year and I am changing flights in Istanbul, Turkey.

Has anyone traveled through Turkey, especially via Turkish airlines and what are the requirements? I will be carrying a Mavic Air and four batteries.

I've reached out to the airline and the airport as well but it will be nice for any real insights.

Thanks!

Hi Rampage,

ik flew this summer to Turkey with my old Dji Spark, with out any problems. I had my shoulder bag with me in the cabin. There shouldn`t be any problem flying with you MA with you.
Also because you transit through Turkey there shouldnt be any issue at all.

regards

Reactions: Rampage
Hi Rampage,

ik flew this summer to Turkey with my old Dji Spark, with out any problems. I had my shoulder bag with me in the cabin. There shouldn`t be any problem flying with you MA with you.
Also because you transit through Turkey there shouldnt be any issue at all.

regards
Hi GoGo22,
Thanks for the reply.
Did you have your drone with you or in the hold luggage? And the batteries?

Hi GoGo22,
Thanks for the reply.
Did you have your drone with you or in the hold luggage? And the batteries?

no porblem. I had my drone and the batteries with me in the cabin, nothing in the hold luggage..

If you are just changing flights you may not have to go through security again - but I have never been in that airport.

All you can really do is follow best practice for travel regardless of the airline/country. Drone and especially batteries in carry on, nothing in your checked bag. Keep one battery on the drone if you want, and put any extras in a LiPo fireproof bag (very cheap on Amazon or similar). I highly doubt you will have any issues - the big thing is keeping batteries out of your checked luggage. The MA batteries are way under 100Wh as well which is the maximum for most airlines.

If you are just changing flights you may not have to go through security again - but I have never been in that airport.

All you can really do is follow best practice for travel regardless of the airline/country. Drone and especially batteries in carry on, nothing in your checked bag. Keep one battery on the drone if you want, and put any extras in a LiPo fireproof bag (very cheap on Amazon or similar). I highly doubt you will have any issues - the big thing is keeping batteries out of your checked luggage. The MA batteries are way under 100Wh as well which is the maximum for most airlines.

Thank you

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hippysmavic