DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air Travel Documentation

I took mine to Japan in April. I was not asked about the drone at all. I did, however, bought a lithium battery case that has provided covers for the connectors.

I did not voluntarily said that I had a drone. It passed through numerous xray machines, nothing was asked.

I'd mess
I just had thiis from my airline

View media item 2059

You should message her back and say "so your policy is in direct opposition to all other airlines and requires inflammable LiPo batteries, which are also susceptible to changes in atmospheric pressure, to be put in unpressurised hold luggage?" and ask for her surname as well for the record.

I'd mess

You should message her back and say "so your policy is in direct opposition to all other airlines and requires inflammable LiPo batteries, which are also susceptible to changes in atmospheric pressure, to be put in unpressurised hold luggage?" and ask for her surname as well for the record.

I am wondering is she means the drone (less the batteries) needs to go in hold?

I am wondering is she means the drone (less the batteries) needs to go in hold?

It's quite possible but since we're both wondering, it's clearly misleading and potentially highly dangerous advice. Her vague comment could cause someone to put a complete drone in their check-in baggage, and we all know what a cargo hold fire means. I'd push her for an explanation and see if she even knows about the battery issue - sounds to me like she doesn't.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParKOR