DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air Travel Documentation

Thanks for these, really helpful. I can't seem to open the DJI link properly but will give it another go today. Helpful stuff though, thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: mikeinbox
The concern is that lithium polymer batteries can catch fire and potentially bring down a plane.
So can the coffee pot. It's not the product that needs to be scrutinized, it's the user that is the problem.
My "what's the problem" is more referring to who has experience of an airline not allowing them to bring lithium batteries, or making a big stink about documentation.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Before anyone links me up to other threads, I've read everything there is on this forum. What I'm looking for which I'm sure I've seen on this forum but for the life of me can't find it is...

Any documentation/certificate from DJI about the batteries and flying with them, if I remember correctly here was a two page document basically certifying the batteries or something along those lines.

Any other docs that would help during air travel welcome.. I'm travelling through the east and Far East, these formalities always help.

Thanks

https://www.faa.gov/about/office_or...fo/media/airline_passengers_and_batteries.pdf

So can the coffee pot. It's not the product that needs to be scrutinized, it's the user that is the problem.
My "what's the problem" is more referring to who has experience of an airline not allowing them to bring lithium batteries, or making a big stink about documentation.

Look mate, what's your beef? I've asked the forum for a few docs about rules & regs so I'm aware how to safely fly and the hazards! I'll be taking over 50 flights in the next 24 months.. flying safely and knowledge of how to is my concern.. who said anything about scrutinising the product and what's with your stinking attitude? Regardless of your opinion why respond if you've got nothing useful or helpful to say?

Look mate, what's your beef? I've asked the forum for a few docs about rules & regs so I'm aware how to safely fly and the hazards! I'll be taking over 50 flights in the next 24 months.. flying safely and knowledge of how to is my concern.. who said anything about scrutinising the product and what's with your stinking attitude? Regardless of your opinion why respond if you've got nothing useful or helpful to say?

You off your rocker, calm down. You already posted you knew how to be safe, I just simply wanted to know if anyone has ever had problems with airlines asking for documentation or certs, I've never heard of anyone having that kind of problem. Maybe you misread or added your own tone to typed words. No problems here

You off your rocker, calm down. You already posted you knew how to be safe, I just simply wanted to know if anyone has ever had problems with airlines asking for documentation or certs, I've never heard of anyone having that kind of problem. Maybe you misread or added your own tone to typed words. No problems here

Maybe.. apologise if so. I'm just looking for some docs to help with airline check in, security etc. For your info, I've had a couple of cases with lipo batteries where providing docs & certs has definitely helped. This was through an Egyptian airport, similar to the airports I'll be travelling through.

I just travelled this Christmas with my old phantom 2 in a hard case checked in and the 2 batteries in my back pack. 3 airports from Abu Dhabi to South America and no issues at all.

The batteries are required in the carry in baggage. That is the important thing because if something happens to the battery the cabin crews and any passenger can detect it immediately and extinguish any fire. If they are in the checked baggage and catch fire that is a problem.

Reactions: bucefalo
I just flew fairbanks to Seattle on Alaska airlines with the MP in my backpack, they took it out, ran a sniffer over the batteries, drone, RC, rescanned it and let me through with it in carry on. They probably wouldn't have done all that but I had my camera, automobile GPS, 1600 MAH charger all in the backpack too and they said the items were stacked on top of one another and it was too dense for the exray to read.

Last edited:
This has been a very useful thread, thanks to the OP and responses. I have a trip coming up, planned on bringing the Mavic, and was curious about TSA scrutiny. It sounds like you don't even take out the Mavic for inspection like you would a laptop, just pass the bag through.

Does anyone travel with the batteries in LiPo Safe pouches?

From Jan 4-24. I flew Singapore airlines from San Francisco to Singapore and to Hong Kong and to Philippines and back again with my Mavic in a OEM Mavic bag with 3 batteries inside my backpack. Passed all security checks without any questions. I had my batteries in a lipo safe bags. I had no problem at all. Went right through x-rays, no questions asked.

Sent from my XT1585 using MavicPilots mobile app

Reactions: KiterTodd
I just discharge all my lipos to 50% and then throw them in a lipo bag. I did a test with leaving the Mavic in the bag and taking it out of the bag through security. When left in the bag they didn't recognize the shape so they pulled me aside to inspect it. As soon as I took it out I showed them what it was and all they said was "cool" and had me on my way.

Taking the Mavic out and putting it with my laptop, they didn't even flinch, I just went straight through. My only issue is them handling the Mavic and trying to unfold it without knowing how. I just quickly grabbed it and did it myself.

Reactions: KiterTodd
hey guys chill.. lol as far as you bring the battery with you NO PROBLEM.. if you send it in checked bag the battery must be inside the item(mavic pro.. or smartphone) not single battery but used by the item! if airlines have a bigger restriction that will be reported when you buy the ticket!

Sent from my R7plusf using Tapatalk

I flew back from Arizona to Fairbanks, the MP was in a soft case in my backpack, they never even opened the backpack up on the return trip.

Going through TSA in Albuquerque my mavic was in my backpack and the two batteries were in my carry on g - backpack went through without a problem. They swabbed the batteries and my carry on [emoji41]

What I'm looking for which I'm sure I've seen on this forum but for the life of me can't find it is... any documentation/certificate from DJI about the batteries and flying with them, if I remember correctly here was a two page document basically certifying the batteries or something along those lines.

I had the same question and DJI obliged with far more extensive Mavic Pro battery documentation from its provider Amperex complete with lithium content in grams, and an in-depth section (Item 14, Page 7) on air transportation acceptability under various international conventions including UN38.3.

This PDF document, in English and Chinese, is available on my server. I don't travel without it.
http://linder.tv/pdf/MavicPro-Batteries.pdf

Reactions: sosmaverick
I flew from Delaware two three of the Hawaiian Islands and back with no issues at all

I had the same question and DJI obliged with far more extensive Mavic Pro battery documentation from its provider Amperex complete with lithium content in grams, and an in-depth section (Item 14, Page 7) on air transportation acceptability under various international conventions including UN38.3.

This PDF document, in English and Chinese, is available on my server. I don't travel without it.
http://linder.tv/pdf/MavicPro-Batteries.pdf

Legend, this was the doc I was looking for.. thank you!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jordy