DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

mavic air upgrade tease

hewo

Reactions
seems to be mavic air excels in forefront features yet allures premium professional models, upon mavic air true performance realizations.
looks like realizations center on dedicated distance communications because of infrastructure interfere. flight duration, acoustics, and soft driven novelties are secondary.
am i the only apprenticeship ranking enthusiast cynical of the tease? or have many walked this path of realization?

Dude... I think I speak English pretty well, but I can honestly say that I have absolutely no clue what you are trying to say!

Reactions: pvs
seems to be mavic air excels in forefront features yet allures premium professional models, upon mavic air true performance realizations.
looks like realizations center on dedicated distance communications because of infrastructure interfere. flight duration, acoustics, and soft driven novelties are secondary.
am i the only apprenticeship ranking enthusiast cynical of the tease? or have many walked this path of realization?
Hewo, I concur with your observations, and furthermore consider the evolution of expanse from DJI to be undeviating from the realization that persons not unlike ourselves would enjoy to mutually equate all innovation correspondingly.

"The Mavic Air has some excellent features and a ton of promises that are very appealing; but its promises are unmatched by its real world performance. In the real world, communications interference from other infrastructure severely limit its distance and performance. In the end, what good is all the promise and all that technical marvel if the da*n thing can't fly more than a few meters? It is a novelty item, nothing more!"

How do you guys not get that? :rolleyes:

the mavic air promote missed the severe shortcoming of broadcast noise. the fact CE power inhibit even exists shows recognitions to link crisis under real world flying conditions.

the mavic air promote missed the severe shortcoming of broadcast noise. the fact CE power inhibit even exists shows recognitions to link crisis under real world flying conditions.
Yeah Hewo, I got you the first time. But why would anyone fly it in CE mode? If your whole beef is with how CE mode cripples the MA, switch to FCC mode and problem solved. It is not like DJI go out of their way to make that hard.

Doppler, honolulu density surpasses most states of the union.
why promote what cant be done because of adversities?
why promote occusync lightbridge knowingly to circumvent adversities?
incidently, how do i affirm CE is not system status? look in djigo4v4.3.14? where in it? theres only the frequency graph configuration. i thought the aircraft lat long sensed affirms decision of wifi powering.

in the djigo4 there is altitude and distance inhibit. 500 and 8000 meters are the upper limits. 4kilometers is mavic air's noisefree distance, about 2.5miles however disconnect occurs 500 feet, fifteen percent of noisefree distance. i am wondering whether wifi power is really working with noise, or wifi aint working fullpower. how would you tell the difference? when signal lost is displayed i see wifi strength bars all present, but is it old info from before signal lost?

Doppler, honolulu density surpasses most states of the union.
why promote what cant be done because of adversities?
why promote occusync lightbridge knowingly to circumvent adversities?
incidently, how do i affirm CE is not system status? look in djigo4v4.3.14? where in it? theres only the frequency graph configuration. i thought the aircraft lat long sensed affirms decision of wifi powering.
You can tell if you are in FCC or CE mode by looking at the WiFi settings in the DJI GO4 app. If your in FCC mode you will only have 11 2.4ghz channels, if your in CE mode you will have 13 2.4ghz channels.

Ok doppler, i did not realize that bar chart had indifferent channel counts telltale of broadcast power mode. though i do remember the apk decides mode based upon your location. to affirm location, the aircraft uses gps coordinates and not rely upon phone gps?

I think it is a little more complicated than that hewo. The aircraft's onboard GPS will take precedence when determining what mode (FCC or CE) the remote controller will use. When the aircraft's GPS is unavailable, the remote controller uses the phone's GPS instead to make the same decision**. That is why you need to make sure the aircraft won't have GPS coverage when fooling the remote controller to switch modes by spoofing your location via a fake GPS app on your phone. I am no expert in the matter; this is all conjecture based on my experience.

** - This makes me wonder what mode the remote controller will default to if both aircraft and phone GPS are unavailable. Probably the last mode used? Or will it default to FCC mode? @brett8883, any insights?

I think it is a little more complicated than that hewo. The aircraft's onboard GPS will take precedence when determining what mode (FCC or CE) the remote controller will use. When the aircraft's GPS is unavailable, the remote controller uses the phone's GPS instead to make the same decision**. That is why you need to make sure the aircraft won't have GPS coverage when fooling the remote controller to switch modes by spoofing your location via a fake GPS app on your phone. I am no expert in the matter; this is all conjecture based on my experience.

** - This makes me wonder what mode the remote controller will default to if both aircraft and phone GPS are unavailable. Probably the last mode used? Or will it default to FCC mode? @brett8883, any insights?

I think that’s right but I’m not totally sure. However @hewo lives in Hawaii which is in the US and is a FCC country. He doesn’t have to do anything to get FCC mode it’s on already due to his location.

come to find out, the playback of flight record in djigo4 phone apk DOES NOT display enhanced wifi arched bars shown DURING flight. neither does playback replay the severage, NOT AT ALL. so signal lost, the flight record CLEVERLY redacts such warns? i get to see it in flight, but can not replay it. but possibly asst2 offload might reveal corresponding disconnects? i recall both devices could be offloaded of logs either to shenzen or hdd windows platform. incidently my homescreen flight records djigo4 has dual flags. but for previous mavic air costco drones, the flag is not dual citizenship. maybe that is the close radius signal lost reason.

I think that’s right but I’m not totally sure. However @hewo lives in Hawaii which is in the US and is a FCC country. He doesn’t have to do anything to get FCC mode it’s on already due to his location.
My question was more on what mode the remote controller will choose in the absence of any GPS data from either phone or aircraft to determine its location. Will it default to last known location?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cjd54