DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air using Epson BT - 200 FPV

862retired

Reactions
I am looking for help on setting up a Mavic Air and Epson BT - 200 glasses. I started messing around drones a long time ago, assembling one from parts. They were primitive to say the least, too primitive for me and my very limited electronic know-how. Sometime later I bought a used Phantom and a used pair of Epson BT - 200 glasses. I had a computer background friend that tried to help me but we never got it working so I sold the Phantom. I kept the glasses thinking someday I might get a FPV system. Well last year I found a used DJI Mavic Air for sale and it seems to fit my limited piloting skills. I got the glasses back out and want to use them at FPV flying. Problem is that at 73 years old and with VERY limited electronic skills I need help. I really don’t have any Idea what to do or where to start. I am open to paying someone to set it up and to give me some assistance on what to do. I was able to get a person on a forum to suggest downloads but I have no idea how this stuff works. At this point I need real help, I can’t do it myself. I am a snowbird living in central Florida until April, then back to Ohio for the summer. I would really appreciate any help. Thanks, Jeff

For the same reason you couldn't get it to work, you're not likely to get it to work on the Air.

Is it the BT that requires an HDMI input? There's no way to get HDMI out of the Air RC or even out of the mobile device connected to the RC, unless the mobile has a dedicated HDMI output.

BT-300 FPV edition has a module that substitutes for your mobile and has DJI Go already installed. Even then, the 300 hardware is underpowered for the latest update of Go.

There is a topic or two of using a mirror app where the screen of a mobile connected to the RC is cast to the 300 module. That requires somehow getting the two devices connected together by WiFi either directly or through a common wifi hotspot/router.

Reactions: Scubadiver1944
I just looked on the Moverio apps store (Epson's version of the Google playstore), there doesn't seem to be any Mavic Air compatible flight apps you can run on the BT-200's, I suspect that the 1gb of memory is not enough. You can see in the photo some apps can be used but the main DJI related ones can't.

There are quite a few apps that are still compatible with the BT-200, here is the link to check them out. Just click on the tabs (e.g. editors choice, top charts, categories etc. ) and then use the "bt-200" filter (light blue) to see what is available for them.

As DanMan32 mentioned the only way to use the BT-200 with the drone might be to screen cast to it from a phone or tablet running DJI Go4 (for the Mavic Air)

This is the link to some instructions which might work for the BT-200 but it's not guaranteed as I don't have any experience with the BT-200's.

1611393901028.png You can see in

Last edited:
Reactions: Scubadiver1944
Thanks for all the help but after talking to my computer guy it looks like my best option is to sell the BT - 200 and look for the BT-300. Anyone buying or selling?

Thanks for all the help but after talking to my computer guy it looks like my best option is to sell the BT - 200 and look for the BT-300. Anyone buying or selling?

Wait until the newest model is released which is imminent, it's the Epson BT-40s.
The BT-40s has a 64bit android controller it should run all the DJI flight apps, but this hasn't been tested.
The BT-40 model is just the glasses by themselves which need a hdmi input.

The BT-40s has a 64bit android controller it should run all the DJI flight apps, but this hasn't been tested.
The BT-40 model is just the glasses by themselves which need a hdmi input.

Can't seem to find any info online as to whether one can use the BT-40 w/ any drone that supports Smart Controller (ex. Air 2S), or whether the BT-40s will run DJI FLY.

There must be someone out there who's tried it at least once? : /

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jared69