DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air Video

Teebo

Reactions
Hello everyone and thank you for accepting me...New to the whole drone hobby....Anyway....Why does my videos save as 4 or 5 minute segments while recording..Im using a 132 gig Sanddisk ..U3..Seems like when my videos go over 5 mins it breaks my recording in to 4 or 5 min vids..microcard,was formatted...Recording in 4k video...Saving location is Sd card.Any suggestions.thnxs

Last edited:
Hello everyone and thank you for accepting me...New to the whole drone hobby....Anyway....Why does my videos save as 4 or 5 minute segments while recording..Im using a 132 gig Sanddisk ..U3..Seems like when my videos go over 5 mins it breaks my recording in to 4 or 5 min vids..microcard,was formatted...Recording in 4k video...Saving location is Sd card.Any suggestions.thnxs

It's to avoid losing all your video in case of a problem with a file.

GoPro does the same

That makes sense,thnxs.....Is there a free program i can use to put my vids together for viewing.???

I use VSDC.
It's quite easy to use and has many great editing features, but there must be plenty more basic programmes if you just want to do simple operations.
I think there is one already in Windows.
Handbrake is good for compressing videos.

Happy editing!

Reactions: hiflyer201
Actually how big are the 4-5min files? File format system is limited to 4gb per file so that is why they are broken up. 4k files get big fast. change res to 1080p and you can record much longer files. try it to verify.

Nothing to do with losing files....

Last edited:
When you edit your videos ..you'll find that the more cuts the better, but if your worried that you may have missed something..don't. You haven't missed a thing the files go together seamlessly.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliyindian