DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air vs Pro image quality.

Ben_McPhee

Reactions
Hey guys. Has anyone found a really good video comparison between the Mavic Pro and the Air, specifically looking at image quality?

It seems on paper the Air has the win with 100mps and a faster frame rate, but I'm yet to see a video that shows off the difference in a meaningful way. In fact, despite the difference, from the videos I saw upon release, I'd personally give the win to the Pro.

I think what jumped out at me was the dynamic range seeming to be better on the Pro. Perhaps that was just grading, but the shadows seemed blocky on the air.

Also, any word yet on if the Air has D-log? I've seen conflicting reports, and it seems it only has cinelike.

Finally... are you impressed with the air? Or has it just whet your appetite for a Mavic Pro 2 with all the cool new features and a far superior camera (Fingers crossed for the P4P camera or better, in a smaller form factor.)

Reactions: HoozierDroneDaddy
Hey guys. Has anyone found a really good video comparison between the Mavic Pro and the Air, specifically looking at image quality?

It seems on paper the Air has the win with 100mps and a faster frame rate, but I'm yet to see a video that shows off the difference in a meaningful way. In fact, despite the difference, from the videos I saw upon release, I'd personally give the win to the Pro.

I think what jumped out at me was the dynamic range seeming to be better on the Pro. Perhaps that was just grading, but the shadows seemed blocky on the air.

Also, any word yet on if the Air has D-log? I've seen conflicting reports, and it seems it only has cinelike.

Finally... are you impressed with the air? Or has it just whet your appetite for a Mavic Pro 2 with all the cool new features and a far superior camera (Fingers crossed for the P4P camera or better, in a smaller form factor.)
Air does not have D-Log. Just Normal and Cinelike

At least not currently - who knows what will come through updates, it's pretty obvious that not everything that should be there is yet.

I’ve found the air the best all rounder really,more than happy with it.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clang123