DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air vs. Spark

Agreed! I got frequent “disconnected” issues with the Spark. Range is limited. Never experienced these issues with the Mavic Air and M2P I own now. No comparison. Not to mention the camera. Image quality, resolution erc.

The cheapest "DJI experience" is the DJI/Ryze Tello drone. It's $100 or so and has DJI/Intel tech in it - you don't even need a remote to fly. Camera isn't horrible either and it's a million times better than the actual toy brands commonly found online like Holy Stone, Syma, Blade, Hubsan, etc.
I agree with you . My little Tello is always ready to throw up anywhere, as long as there's no wind. It is the easiest one to carry around, always ready, light, capable of good photos, and quite durable.

Reactions: CanadaDrone
Hi,

I had a Phantom and Mavic Pro, but bought a Spark to take on holiday in 2017 and for quick flights when out walking. It is a very good piece of tech, but range and battery power are a bit limiting. Certainly range, I was loosing video too quickly. That said, I still like the small size and speed to get in the air and was generally very happy.

This summer, I bought an Air and sold my Spark. The Air is better in every respect, flight time, camera, range and video signal. If you like your Spark, you will love the Air. The Air is not quite as good as a Mavic Pro, but it is smaller and lighter and if anything quicker to get in the air. Battery life and range are all acceptable and the new features on the Air, like forward and reverse sensors are an improvement over the Mavic Pro, but I am sure the Mavic 2 has all of those. The Air is also well priced.

So if your Spark is in good condition, like mine was, you should get a good price for it as it is a great entry drone for someone new. I doubt you would want to keep both once you get an Air.

The bloke who bought my Spark, couldn't believe how good it was.

The cheapest "DJI experience" is the DJI/Ryze Tello drone. It's $100 or so and has DJI/Intel tech in it - you don't even need a remote to fly. Camera isn't horrible either and it's a million times better than the actual toy brands commonly found online like Holy Stone, Syma, Blade, Hubsan, etc.

I had a go with one of those the other day and loved it. If I was in that market I’d snap one up right away and like you say, the footage wasn’t bad either.

Reactions: CanadaDrone
I had a go with one of those the other day and loved it. If I was in that market I’d snap one up right away and like you say, the footage wasn’t bad either.

It has the most technology of any drone for the price. It's obviously not at the level of the higher end DJI drones but in it's price range there is nothing that even comes close. Glad you like it!

Reactions: Wacker2611
Yea, the Tello is a great little machine. Before I took the plunge on DJI, I had a Syma X8G. It was terrible. Can't speak for the other Syma drones, but that one was awful.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet