DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic and a Motorbike :)

I ended up creating a carrier from a tupperware container for the drone controller and my phone that attaches to my tank bag via some bungee straps. I also learned it is important to use bicycle gloves where the finger tips are exposed so you can also use the touch screen of your phone.

Previously I cut out holes in the lid for the various control inputs, but this is still a work in progress as I ended up having to access other functions (camera tilt angle) not as easily accessible.

But in general I have found that the follow mode of the Mavic Air is lacking, requiring the drone to stay fairly close in order to keep locked on. It can also get easily confused and stop following you if you ride by any sort of clutter or other motorcyclists.

Last edited:
Reactions: simbaboy
Steve F--nice setup and gives me some ideas.

Today I went riding on some farm roads. I launched my Mavic Pro and attempted 'Follow Me' but no success as the drone just stayed there.

I thought I would reposition the drone a bit lower but then I got an error message saying that GPS signal was weak and before I knew it the RC went into P mode and GPS was dropped. The drone started shifting around being blown about by the wind. My sphincter tightened up as I have only practiced in GPS mode. Wow it was hard to control and land the drone.

After landing it I again acquired GPS and relaunched it. Same thing--it dropped GPS and went into P Mode. it was hard to control the drone and I just re-landed it and called it a day.

I will try at home as that has never happened before. I have a feeling that many lost drones occur for that reason. there were many power lines in the vicinity and maybe that interfered with GPS signal?

Simba

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charliesunique