DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic and Goose

badgenes

Reactions
My first production with the Mavic. My wife, Goose a dog she walks for a client, and a run to UIW in San Antonio TX. Thanks to all the patient instructive folks here the footage came out decent. Thanks to my wife's advice the edits are great. In the past I used far too many transitions.

Nice job. One of the really cool things about drone is being able to explore areas that are inaccessible. There are some interesting structures at :43 in your video. You should try to get some more shots of those. Also on tip I learned is to slow the gimbal speed way down to prevent any jerky motion in the camera.

Transitions are a tricky thing. A guideline I use to only to put transitions in when I'm trying to convey a change in the location or story. This let the viewer know that you are taking them somewhere else.

I'm surprised the dog wasn't more phased by the drone.

Reactions: badgenes
My first production with the Mavic. My wife, Goose a dog she walks for a client, and a run to UIW in San Antonio TX. Thanks to all the patient instructive folks here the footage came out decent. Thanks to my wife's advice the edits are great. In the past I used far too many transitions.

Cool video. Small suggesting, adjust your horizon so it is level. You can do this in the settings, choose the camera on the left with the be three dots underneath and then select gimbal roll. Adjust till level. It should retain the setting.

Reactions: badgenes
Cool video. Small suggesting, adjust your horizon so it is level. You can do this in the settings, choose the camera on the left with the be three dots underneath and then select gimbal roll. Adjust till level. It should retain the setting.
Thank you, totally forgot about that. My P4 had this issue and I corrected it but had forgotten how.

Nice job. One of the really cool things about drone is being able to explore areas that are inaccessible. There are some interesting structures at :43 in your video. You should try to get some more shots of those. Also on tip I learned is to slow the gimbal speed way down to prevent any jerky motion in the camera.

Transitions are a tricky thing. A guideline I use to only to put transitions in when I'm trying to convey a change in the location or story. This let the viewer know that you are taking them somewhere else.

I'm surprised the dog wasn't more phased by the drone.

Thank you. I have another video of the dam but the editting sucks. I will probably revist it with the Mavic, previous was P4.
Editted out are the portions where my wife was trying to get Goose to notice the Mavic. He had to get right up on it to pay it any attention. I don't know about the original Mavic but the MPP is sooo much quieter than my P4 and without that nasty whine of the motors.

And I decided I had over corrected the color, this one is far more natural to my eyes. Less vibrant, but more natural. I used Red Giant's Colorista II on this copy, the first I had applied GC LUT at 50% in Premiere Pro 2018.

I might suggest you change your music. Unless you're willing to pay copyright compensation You Tube will pull the vid very quickly. I get it about the Top Gun theme, but it's still copyright material.

Nice vid otherwise.

Jake

Reactions: MrsBadgenes
I might suggest you change your music. Unless you're willing to pay copyright compensation You Tube will pull the vid very quickly. I get it about the Top Gun theme, but it's still copyright material.

Nice vid otherwise.

Jake

The worst they can do is block/delete the video and send you a "Shame, shame..." email. They took down my Sam Kinison video AFTER 5 YEARS! Broke my heart! Was on like a thousand people's fav list too. If you are making money off of the video they COULD take you to court buy they rarely do that. But you're absolutely right, copyright infringements, torrenting, endless free trials, etc., are awful. Shame, shame.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
japester