DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic and mini4 set up

JJG

Reactions
IMG_3696.JPG Hi all
I am an absolute newbie to all things drones but was so impressed with the Mavic I bought one and a set of DJI goggles and a IPad mini 4 cellular

While I have not used the cellular I have used wifi and have flown it one time, and within 1 minute of takeoff I struck my power line, came up underneath it and heard the prop graze it, no damage though :)

Anyways I would like some information on the best setup for my drone if possible

With regards to videos, how to you choose MP4 or Mov and which is the best and easiest to play back?

Also I don't understand what the term cache is used for yet amongst another umpteen terms I see and or read about

So far the couple of videos I have taken appear like they are broken videos and pause and hop about and hopeless to view

My pics have turned out ok though
I find it hard to fly, look at the iPad and know where I am going at this stage, but of course I still need a lot of practice

I live in Australia and have 108 acres surrounded by about 3000 acres of bush so plenty of area to fly
If anyone could recommend any links to tutorials I could watch to set me and my drone camera up that would be appreciated

By the way I haven't even looked at using the goggles yet, and won't until I can get a handle on how to operate this sucker
Any help will be appreciated
JJGray from West Ozz

Attachments

• IMG_3638.JPG
    IMG_3638.JPG
    265 KB · Views: 15
Welcome to the forum, the right place to be! A lot of helpful pilots are here.

The Mavic Pro manual is a must read, I go back to it every once in a while.

There is a very good tutorial on Lynda.com but it is not for free anymore. The author is also here in the forum.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whathesaid