DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic and Windsurfer

DrPeppar

Reactions
ive seen some video of folks losing signal at about a mile out due to trees and such which is perfectly acceptable. With my P3P I lost connection in one direction specifically and I popped on the windsurfers and problem solved.

Do the P3 windsurfers fit on the Mavic antenna?
See I don't know because I ordered my Mavic (flyless) way too late direct from DJI (9/28) so it will be a few more months before I see it at least. I'm probably in the 4th or 5th round of shipments maybe, fingers crossed! bastards

The Mavic remote controller and antennas are much smaller than the P3 remote controller and antennas.

Here's a comparison:

Phantom-Mavic-RC-Comparison.jpg

The Mavic controller looks like a prime candidate for the DBS2.2 setup. Maybe that will be solved by the time I buy Mavic after Christmas.

Sent from my VS987 using MavicPilots mobile app

Not sure if this is the drone for long range beyond line of sight.

Not sure if this is the drone for long range beyond line of sight.
Let's see.... Mavic is rated for 4 miles range, this means two miles easy. It will fly over 20 minutes, which is about an 8 to 10 mile flight distance (24-30 mph average). If VLOS for Mavic is a half mile, these facts seem to indicate this craft can easily and competently fly beyond VLOS with little trouble, just like P4.

Last edited:
it means it can fly 7km or 4.3 miles one way? Right?

So theory might be this- at optimum speed 4.3 miles in perfect conditions should be achieved in 50% of battery etc.

I'm sorry but the P4 could NEVER do that without help.

Of course I don't know if the Mavic can either

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

it means it can fly 7km or 4.3 miles one way? Right?

So theory might be this- at optimum speed 4.3 miles in perfect conditions should be achieved in 50% of battery etc.

I'm sorry but the P4 could NEVER do that without help.

Of course I don't know if the Mavic can either

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots
Your P4 should be able to surpass 2 miles with Windsurfer (custom channel 22, quality bitrate set to 4mbps). Your right, in stock form it stumbles at less than a mile, often, but when using a custom low traffic channel set at 4mbps I've gone 15,000 in ideal conditions using Windsurfer. I go beyond 2 miles most anywhere with the Inspire controller.

Sent from my VS987 using MavicPilots mobile app

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS