DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic batteries to charger, always?

mercadder

Reactions
Hi,

Do you keep your batteries always connected to the charger? It is recommend, or not necessary? I mean for the battery health.

Hi,

Do you keep your batteries always connected to the charger? It is recommend, or not necessary? I mean for the battery health.
Set all your batteries to discharge at 3 days. Don't leave on the charger. Don't let them discharge below 10%. There are many opinions on this, but this system has worked well for me.

I have studied batteries for a DOD contractor and that fits the best scenario almost exactly. Deep cycles of all types should be avoided and control temps best way possible. I usually try to cool them as fast as I can after use.

Reactions: Wilbur
The DJI “smart” charger is not that smart?

It has more to do with the batteries. They ARE "smart" batteries, meaning they will discharge to 50% or so after 10 days (default) or, as I have them set, either 3 or 5 days.

STORING LI-ION BATTERIES AT FULL OR EMPTY CAN HARM THEM!

Good info about charging, storage etc about all kinds of batteries HERE.

Is there a way to set the Mavic 2 pro batteries to discharge after 3 days instead of the default 10?

Why on earth would DJI set the default timer to 10 days when all good research points at 3 lol

planned obsolescence?

Reactions: Wilbur
It has more to do with the batteries. They ARE "smart" batteries, meaning they will discharge to 50% or so after 10 days (default) or, as I have them set, either 3 or 5 days.

STORING LI-ION BATTERIES AT FULL OR EMPTY CAN HARM THEM!

Good info about charging, storage etc about all kinds of batteries HERE.
The charger (if the batteries are always connected), protect them or not? DJI should know that, and it is easy to implement this feature to the charger.

I found this. If you are not using the batteries for a long period, just unplug the charger. Bateries can/should be connected to the charger, for protection. Batteries will discharge automatically to 60%.

Attachments

• Mavic+Pro+Intelligent+Flight+Battery+Safety+Guidelines-EN.pdf
    2.4 MB · Views: 21
Reactions: Point Zero
The charger (if the batteries are always connected), protect them or not? DJI should know that, and it is easy to implement this feature to the charger.

The first rule (or used to be the first rule!) of charging Li-Ion batteries is to not leave them unattended. Although they have made leaps and bounds in better charging, better batteries, incidents still do occur. I would NEVER leave my batteries hooked to the charger all the time or leave the house with them charging.

Yes, it is in your battery settings - last I looked it was 3, 5 or 10 days

Hey dude, I went into my Go 4 app on iOS and there was nowhere under the battery tab which allowed me to change the settings you've mentioned. Am I looking in the wrong place?

I found this. If you are not using the batteries for a long period, just unplug the charger. Bateries can/should be connected to the charger, for protection. Batteries will discharge automatically to 60%.
Where does it say the battery should be left connected to the charger? In the case if the DJI batteries the “charger” is nothing more than a regulated DC power supply. The charge curcuitry in the battery. Leaving it connected following charge completion will do nothing to improve safety.

Once the battery is full, it will stop charging. It will stay in a "not charging" state until power is removed.

What would be interesting to know is what happens when the discharge time is reached.
It could ignore the discharge, similarly to when you check it's status frequently which restarts the clock,
Begin charging again when it gets below a certain level
Act as if it wasn't connected to the charger (latched off) until power is cycled.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lboogie007