DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Cables

Jack Hanoka

Reactions
Anyone know/find what type USB C cable fits the side connector on the remote that terminates in a regular USB connector on the other end?

I have bought some USB to Usb C connectors but the C connector side is always to big..

I believe the USB C side might be a mini USB C connector but I can't find a Regular USB to Mini USB C Type any where

Thanks

Jack

Any normal cable I have from various phones do fit here. Which part is too big for you? The plastic housing?

Any normal cable I have from various phones do fit here. Which part is too big for you? The plastic housing?

No the actual metal type c connector itself--

I am looking for a longer Regular USB to USB C Type connector for the side port on the remote-

If you look at the DJI supplied USB C type connector it has the C Type connector on one end and a regular micro on the other end for the phone/tablet or a lightning connector to USB Type C connector

Jack

Micro USB for sure. As said before, all of my old mobile cables do fit

It's worth pointing out that it is a very unusual looking micro USB port (given that it's perfectly rectangular). I actually wouldn't call it a micro USB port, rather a port that accepts a micro USB cable. I thought it was a proprietary port until I saw the supplied micro USB cable.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

No point in asking for help only to not believe them in the end...
The port is definitely a micro USB, try your phone charger (if it is an micro usb one)

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Then why does the Spec's for what's in the box say 1 of the supplied cables is a USB Type C cable?

Not that I don't want to believe..

Jack

To accomodate a few phones out there that use this connection!
I.e. mine. Glad they included it. Definitely was not expecting that.

But OP, they include a USB to micro USB cable that plugs into that port for charging. What did you think that was for?

I.e. mine. Glad they included it. Definitely was not expecting that.

But OP, they include a USB to micro USB cable that plugs into that port for charging. What did you think that was for?

I know that cable was for charging --I just wanted a longer cable for charging/connecting to PC and I thought I would get a USB to type C (if that was the port on the side of the Remote) cable..

I realize I could use a standard USB-Micro USB --

Jack

I know that cable was for charging --I just wanted a longer cable for charging/connecting to PC and I thought I would get a USB to type C (if that was the port on the side of the Remote) cable..

I realize I could use a standard USB-Micro USB --

Jack
I hope it's apparent now that it is not a USB type C port. Like I said, it doesn't look like a standard micro USB jack, but it does indeed accept a micro USB cable.
So your solution is to get a longer micro USB cable if you do not already have one.

As you can see by the attachment, the connector on the Mini controller is a Type A Micro which will except both Type A and Type B micro (only one way to insert) cables. The provided 3 cables all have the Type A Micro connector for the controller. The charging cables have a Type B Micro connector which also fits the controller for charging. Now, to find a cable that is 12 inches or longer to fit my Asus tablet. I need a cable that has a Type A Micro on one end and a Type B micro on the other end. I would prefer 90 degree connectors. I wonder if a cable with both ends being Type B would work? Can anyone help me on this?usb-type-c-most-standart-b-plugs-mini-micro-universal-computer-cable-connectors-vector-illustr...jpg

This thread is old, and not related to the mini.
You might be better to start a new thread in the mini section ?

That said, it may be you need to get a short adapter for the type B, as I don't know of a standard cable to suit.
I use Lifthor ConnctThor cables from Norway, beaut spiralled cables with 90 degree connectors, very reliable and out of the way.

You could email them to ask if they have something to suit, r can pint to an adapter to use with them.

Good luck with the search.

As you can see by the attachment, the connector on the Mini controller is a Type A Micro which will except both Type A and Type B micro (only one way to insert) cables. The provided 3 cables all have the Type A Micro connector for the controller. The charging cables have a Type C Micro connector which also fits the controller for charging. Now, to find a cable that is 12 inches or longer to fit my Asus tablet. I need a cable that has a Type A Micro on one end and a Type B micro on the other end. I would prefer 90 degree connectors. I wonder if a cable with both ends being Type B would work? Can anyone help me on this?View attachment 85427
Well today I broke the charging / phone port. It’s a square looking port. The cables are all micro c. I had the cable facing the right direction but Everytime I plugged the charginging cable in it was very tight. After one day it broke the pins.
I think it’s a terrible design. If you were a total newbie how would you know the correct way to put the charging cable in a square hole ?
Im hoping to return it to Best Buy. I have DJI care but from what I read controllers are not covered plus if I do get a new One don’t know if can switch my DJI care over.
This stinks. I remember my vision port was tight , but this is worse plu it’ recessed. Not a good day. I even called a repair center and they wanted 90.00 to fix. One day old.

If you are talking about the DJI Mavic Mini, look just right of the connector on the controller. There is a black icon imbedded in the case to show you the correct way to insert the charging cable.

Reactions: Thomas B

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure